Tractable graphical device for analyzing stationary stochastic OLG economies
This article develops a tractable graphical device for analyzing the stationary, stochastic overlapping generations economy. In this paper, the graphical device is applied to the theoretical study on stochastic bubbles per Weil (1987) and gives new insights into the issue.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gottardi, Piero, 1996. "Stationary Monetary Equilibria in Overlapping Generations Models with Incomplete Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 75-89, October.
- Henning Bohn, 2004.
"Intergenerational Risk Sharing and Fiscal Policy,"
2004 Meeting Papers
22, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Pamela Labadie, 2004. "Aggregate risk sharing and equivalent financial mechanisms in an endowment economy of incomplete participation," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 789-809, November.
- Weil, Philippe, 1987. "Confidence and the Real Value of Money in an Overlapping Generations Economy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Jean Tirole, 2011.
NBER Working Papers
16750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean Tirole & Emmanuel Farhi, 2011. "Bubbly Liquidity," 2011 Meeting Papers 1081, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2009. "Bubbly Liquidity," IDEI Working Papers 577, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Feb 2011.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2009. "Bubbly Liquidity," TSE Working Papers 09-101, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Feb 2011.
- Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor, 1996. "Life-Cycle Economies and Aggregate Fluctuations," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 465-89, July.
- Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1983. "Do Sunspots Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 193-227, April.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1985.
"On Endogenous Competitive Business Cycles,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 995-1045, September.
- Peled, Dan, 1984. "Stationary pareto optimality of stochastic asset equilibria with overlapping generations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 396-403, December.
- Fulghieri, Paolo & Rovelli, Riccardo, 1998. "Capital markets, financial intermediaries, and liquidity supply," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1157-1180, September.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1986.
"Stabilizing competitive business cycles,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 57-76, October.
- Sakai, Yoshikiyo, 1988. "Conditional Pareto optimality of stationary equilibrium in a stochastic overlapping generations model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 209-213, February.
- Azariadis, Costas & Guesnerie, Roger, 1986. "Sunspots and Cycles," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 725-37, October.
- Michael Magill & Martine Quinzii, 2003. "Indeterminacy of equilibrium in stochastic OLG models," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 435-454, 03.
- Gottardi, Piero & Kubler, Felix, 2011.
"Social security and risk sharing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 1078-1106, May.
- Piero Gottardi & Felix Kubler, 2006. "Social Security and Risk Sharing," Working Papers 2006_38, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Piero Gottardi & Felix Kubler, 2006. "Social Security and Risk Sharing," CESifo Working Paper Series 1705, CESifo Group Munich.
- Felix Kubler & Department of Economics & Department of Economics & Piero Gottardi, 2007. "Social Security and RIsk Sharing," 2007 Meeting Papers 625, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Piero Gottardi & Felix Kubler, 2009. "Social Security and Risk Sharing," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/12, European University Institute.
- Demange, Gabrielle & Laroque, Guy, 2000. " Social Security, Optimality, and Equilibria in a Stochastic Overlapping Generations Economy," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 2(1), pages 1-23.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1981. "Self-fulfilling prophecies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 380-396, December.
- Farmer, Roger E.A. & Woodford, Michael, 1997. "Self-Fulfilling Prophecies And The Business Cycle," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(04), pages 740-769, December.
- Subir Chattopadhyay & Piero Gottardi, 1999.
"Stochastic OLG Models, Market Structure, and Optimality,"
99-12, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Chattopadhyay, Subir & Gottardi, Piero, 1999. "Stochastic OLG Models, Market Structure, and Optimality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 21-67, November.
- Piero Gottardi & Subir Chattopadhyay, 1999. "- Stochastic Olg Models, Market Structure And Optimality," Working Papers. Serie AD 1999-15, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ohtaki, Eisei, 2013. "Golden rule optimality in stochastic OLG economies," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 60-66.
- Eisei Ohtaki & Hiroyuki Ozaki, 2013. "Monetary Equilibria and Knightian Uncertainty," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2012-032, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Manuelli, Rodolfo, 1990. "Existence and optimality of currency equilibrium in stochastic overlapping generations models: The pure endowment case," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 268-294, August.
- Ohtaki, Eisei, 2013. "Idiosyncratic risks, self-insurance, and stochastic bubbles," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 429-430.
- Chattopadhyay, Subir, 2001. "The unit root property and optimality: a simple proof," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 151-159, November.
- Zhu, Tao, 2008. "An overlapping-generations model with search," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 318-331, September.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
- Eisei Ohtaki, 2011. "A note on the existence of monetary equilibrium in a stochastic OLG model with a finite state space," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 485-492.
- Rao Aiyagari, S. & Peled, Dan, 1991. "Dominant root characterization of Pareto optimality and the existence of optimal equilibria in stochastic overlapping generations models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 69-83, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:40:y:2014:i:c:p:16-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.