An Overlapping-Generations Model with Search
Search is embedded in an overlapping-generations model. The young participate in a centralized market, and then are matched in pairs in a decentralized market. The old only participate in the centralized market. If the buyer's bargaining power is sufficiently close to unity in pairwise trade and if the old are risk averse, the golden-rule rate of money transfer is positive. Such risk aversion, the pairwise trade, and dependence of the young's saving on the rate of return are necessary for this result.
|Date of creation:||May 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 402 Uris Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853|
Phone: (607) 255-9901
Fax: (607) 255-2818
Web page: http://www.arts.cornell.edu/econ/CAE/workingpapers.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levine, David K., 1991.
"Asset trading mechanisms and expansionary policy,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 148-164, June.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2004.
"A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis,"
346, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2005. "A Unified Framework for Monetary Theory and Policy Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(3), pages 463-484, June.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2002. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Working Paper 0211, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Jonathan Chiu & Miguel Molico, 2011.
"Uncertainty, Inflation, and Welfare,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43, pages 487-512, October.
- Williamson, S. & Wright, R., 1991.
"Barter and Monetary Exchange Under Private Information,"
University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers
9107, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Williamson, Steve & Wright, Randall, 1994. "Barter and Monetary Exchange under Private Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 104-23, March.
- Stephen D. Williamson & Randall Wright, 1991. "Barter and monetary exchange under private information," Staff Report 141, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Alexei Deviatov, 2004. "Money creation in a random matching model," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003 24, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1982.
"The Role of Overlapping-Generations Models in Monetary Economics,"
NBER Working Papers
0989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1983. "The role of overlapping-generations models in monetary economics," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 9-44, January.
- Miguel Molico, 2006. "The Distribution Of Money And Prices In Search Equilibrium," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(3), pages 701-722, 08.
- Maeda, Yasuo, 1991. "Fiat money in a pairwise-trading, multi-good, overlapping generations model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 84-97, June.
- Abel, Andrew B., 1987.
"Optimal monetary growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 437-450, May.
- Andrew B. Abel, . "Optimal Monetary Growth," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew B. Abel, 1987. "Optimal Monetary Growth," NBER Working Papers 2136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew B. Abel, . "Optimal Monetary Growth," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:corcae:07-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.