The slowdown in the timing of housing purchases in Japan in the 1990s
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Piyush Tiwari & Yoko Moriizumi, 2003.
"Efficiency in housing finance: a comparative study of mortgage instruments in Japan,"
European Journal of Housing Policy,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 267-288, December.
- Piyush Tiwari & Yoko Moriizumi, 2003. "Efficiency in housing finance: a comparative study of mortgage instruments in Japan," International Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 267-288.
- Seko, Miki, 1993. "Effects of Subsidized Home Loans on Housing Decisions and Efficiency in Japan: Tradeoff between Quality and Quantity," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 5-23, January.
- Plaut, Steven E., 1987. "The timing of housing tenure transition," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 312-322, May.
- Piyush Tiwari, 2000. "Housing Demand in Tokyo," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 3(1), pages 65-92.
- Moriizumi, Yoko, 2000. "Current Wealth, Housing Purchase, and Private Housing Loan Demand in Japan," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 65-86, July.
- Donald Cox, 1990. "Intergenerational Transfers and Liquidity Constraints," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 187-217.
- Moriizumi, Yoko, 2003. "Targeted saving by renters for housing purchase in Japan," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 494-509, May.
- Jones Lawrence D., 1995. "Testing the Central Prediction of Housing Tenure Transition Models," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 50-73, July.
- Edwin Deutsch, 1997. "Indicators of Housing Finance Intergenerational Wealth Transfers," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 129-172.
- Artle, Roland & Varaiya, Pravin, 1978. "Life cycle consumption and homeownership," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 38-58, June.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 1999.
"Private Transfers, Borrowing Constraints and the Timing of Homeownership,"
CSEF Working Papers
17, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Guiso, Luigi & Jappelli, Tullio, 2002. "Private Transfers, Borrowing Constraints and the Timing of Homeownership," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 315-39, May.
- Guiso, Luigi & Jappelli, Tullio, 1998. "Private Transfers, Borrowing Constraints and the Timing of Homeownership," CEPR Discussion Papers 2050, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Moriizumi, Yoko, 1996. "Credit Rationing and Public Housing Loans in Japan," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 227-246, September.
- Guiso, Luigi & Jappelli, Tullio & Terlizzese, Daniele, 1994. "Housing finance arrangements, intergenerational transfers and consumption : The Italian experience," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 145-155, April.
- Toshiaki Tachibanaki, 1994. "Housing and Saving in Japan," NBER Chapters, in: Housing Markets in the United States and Japan, pages 161-190 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:15:y:2006:i:3:p:230-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.