Targeted saving by renters for housing purchase in Japan
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Horioka, Charles Yuji & Watanabe, Wako, 1997.
"Why Do People Save? A Micro-Analysis of Motives for Household Saving in Japan,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(442), pages 537-552, May.
- Horioka, C.Y. & Watanabe, W., 1996. "Why Do People Save? A Micro-Analysis of Motives for Household Saving in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0412, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Engelhardt Gary V., 1994. "House Prices and the Decision to Save for Down Payments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 209-237, September.
- Sheiner Louise, 1995. "Housing Prices and the Savings of Renters," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 94-125, July.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Kawai, Masahiro, 1982. "Permanent income, hedonic prices, and demand for housing: New evidence," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 214-237, September.
- Edwin Deutsch, 1997. "Indicators of Housing Finance Intergenerational Wealth Transfers," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 129-172.
- Hayashi, Fumio & Ito, Takatoshi & Slemrod, Joel, 1988. "Housing finance imperfections, taxation, and private saving: A comparative simulation analysis of the United States and Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 215-238, September.
- Engelhardt, Gary V. & Mayer, Christopher J., 1998.
"Intergenerational Transfers, Borrowing Constraints, and Saving Behavior: Evidence from the Housing Market,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 135-157, July.
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Christopher J. Mayer, 1995. "Intergenerational transfers, borrowing constraints, and saving behavior: evidence from the housing market," Working Papers 95-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1979. "The Estimation of a Simultaneous-Equation Tobit Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(1), pages 169-181, February.
- Maki, Atsushi, 1993. "Liquidity Constraints: A Cross-Section Analysis of the Housing Purchase Behavior of Japanese Households," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 429-437, August.
- Moriizumi, Yoko, 2000. "Current Wealth, Housing Purchase, and Private Housing Loan Demand in Japan," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 65-86, July.
- Engelhardt, Gary V, 1996. "Consumption, Down Payments, and Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 255-271, May.
- Horioka, Charles Yuji, 1988. "Saving for housing purchase in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 351-384, September.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1985. "The Effect of Liquidity Constraints on Consumption: A Cross-Sectional Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 183-206.
- Nelson, Forrest & Olson, Lawrence, 1978. "Specification and Estimation of a Simultaneous-Equation Model with Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(3), pages 695-709, October.
- Jones Lawrence D., 1995. "Testing the Central Prediction of Housing Tenure Transition Models," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 50-73, July.
- Boehm, Thomas P., 1993. "Income, Wealth Accumulation, and First-Time Homeownership: An Intertemporal Analysis," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 16-30, December.
- Yoshikawa, Hiroshi & Ohtaka, Fumio, 1989. "An analysis of female labor supply, housing demand and the saving rate in Japan," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 997-1023, May.
- Artle, Roland & Varaiya, Pravin, 1978. "Life cycle consumption and homeownership," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 38-58, June.
- Lawrence D. Jones, 1989. "Current Wealth and Tenure Choice," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 17-40.
- Duca, John V. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1994. "Borrowing constraints and access to owner-occupied housing," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 301-322, June.
- Plaut, Steven E., 1987. "The timing of housing tenure transition," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 312-322, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:53:y:2003:i:3:p:494-509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.