Targeted saving by renters for housing purchase in Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moriizumi, Yoko, 2000. "Current Wealth, Housing Purchase, and Private Housing Loan Demand in Japan," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 65-86, July.
- Jones Lawrence D., 1995. "Testing the Central Prediction of Housing Tenure Transition Models," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 50-73, July.
- Engelhardt, Gary V. & Mayer, Christopher J., 1998.
"Intergenerational Transfers, Borrowing Constraints, and Saving Behavior: Evidence from the Housing Market,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 135-157, July.
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Christopher J. Mayer, 1995. "Intergenerational transfers, borrowing constraints, and saving behavior: evidence from the housing market," Working Papers 95-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Boehm, Thomas P., 1993. "Income, Wealth Accumulation, and First-Time Homeownership: An Intertemporal Analysis," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 16-30, December.
- Horioka, Charles Yuji, 1988. "Saving for housing purchase in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 351-384, September.
- Horioka, Charles Yuji & Watanabe, Wako, 1997.
"Why Do People Save? A Micro-Analysis of Motives for Household Saving in Japan,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(442), pages 537-552, May.
- Horioka, C.Y. & Watanabe, W., 1996. "Why Do People Save? A Micro-Analysis of Motives for Household Saving in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0412, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1985. "The Effect of Liquidity Constraints on Consumption: A Cross-Sectional Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 183-206.
- Duca, John V. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1994. "Borrowing constraints and access to owner-occupied housing," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 301-322, June.
- Yoshikawa, Hiroshi & Ohtaka, Fumio, 1989. "An analysis of female labor supply, housing demand and the saving rate in Japan," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 997-1023, May.
- Nelson, Forrest & Olson, Lawrence, 1978. "Specification and Estimation of a Simultaneous-Equation Model with Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(3), pages 695-709, October.
- Engelhardt Gary V., 1994. "House Prices and the Decision to Save for Down Payments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 209-237, September.
- Sheiner Louise, 1995. "Housing Prices and the Savings of Renters," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 94-125, July.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1979. "The Estimation of a Simultaneous-Equation Tobit Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(1), pages 169-181, February.
- Plaut, Steven E., 1987. "The timing of housing tenure transition," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 312-322, May.
- Edwin Deutsch, 1997. "Indicators of Housing Finance Intergenerational Wealth Transfers," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 129-172.
- Lawrence D. Jones, 1989. "Current Wealth and Tenure Choice," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 17-40.
- Hayashi, Fumio & Ito, Takatoshi & Slemrod, Joel, 1988. "Housing finance imperfections, taxation, and private saving: A comparative simulation analysis of the United States and Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 215-238, September.
- Artle, Roland & Varaiya, Pravin, 1978. "Life cycle consumption and homeownership," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 38-58, June.
- Engelhardt, Gary V, 1996. "Consumption, Down Payments, and Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 255-271, May.
- Maki, Atsushi, 1993. "Liquidity Constraints: A Cross-Section Analysis of the Housing Purchase Behavior of Japanese Households," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 429-437, August.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Kawai, Masahiro, 1982. "Permanent income, hedonic prices, and demand for housing: New evidence," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 214-237, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bartzsch Nikolaus, 2008.
"Precautionary Saving and Income Uncertainty in Germany – New Evidence from Microdata,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 228(1), pages 5-24, February.
- Bartzsch, Nikolaus, 2006. "Precautionary saving and income uncertainty in Germany - new evidence from microdata," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,44, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Nikolaus Bartzsch, 2007. "Precautionary Saving and Income Uncertainty in Germany: New Evidence from Microdata," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 21, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Schunk, Daniel, 2007.
"What determines the saving behavior of German households? : an examination of saving motives and saving decisions,"
07-10, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Schunk, Daniel, 2007. "What Determines the Saving Behavior of German Households? An Examination of Saving Motives and Saving Decisions," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 07-10, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Daniel Schunk, 2007. "What Determines the Saving Behavior of German Households? An Examination of Saving Motives and Saving Decisions," MEA discussion paper series 07124, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Muellbauer, John & Murata, Keiko, 2009. "Consumption, Land Prices and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism in Japan," CEPR Discussion Papers 7269, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Miki Seko & Kazuto Sumita, 2007. "Japanese Housing Tenure Choice and Welfare Implications after the Revision of the Tenant Protection Law," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 357-383, October.
- Moriizumi, Yoko & Naoi, Michio, 2011.
"Unemployment risk and the timing of homeownership in Japan,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 227-235, May.
- Yoko Moriizumi & Michio Naoi, 2008. "Unemployment Risk and the Timing of Homeownership in Japan," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2008-026, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Chen, Chien-Liang & Kuan, Chung-Ming & Lin, Chu-Chia, 2007. "Saving and housing of Taiwanese households: New evidence from quantile regression analyses," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 102-126, June.
- Deutsch, Edwin & Tiwari, Piyush & Moriizumi, Yoko, 2006. "The slowdown in the timing of housing purchases in Japan in the 1990s," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 230-256, September.
- Schunk Daniel, 2009. "What Determines Household Saving Behavior: An Examination of Saving Motives and Saving Decisions 06.01.2009," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 229(4), pages 467-491, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:53:y:2003:i:3:p:494-509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.