Overworked? On the relationship between workload and health worker performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Jeffrey Hammer & Michael Kremer & Karthik Muralidharan & F. Halsey Rogers, 2006. "Missing in Action: Teacher and Health Worker Absence in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 91-116, Winter.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:10:1625-1635_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2007.
"Money for nothing: The dire straits of medical practice in Delhi, India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 1-36, May.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey, 2005. "Money for nothing : the dire straits of medical practice in Delhi, India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3669, The World Bank.
- Madden, J. M. & Quick, J. D. & Ross-Degnan, D. & Kafle, K. K., 1997. "Undercover careseekers: Simulated clients in the study of health provider behavior in developing countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1465-1482, November.
- Kenneth L. Leonard & Melkiory C. Masatu & Alexandre Vialou, 2007. "Getting Doctors to Do Their Best: The Roles of Ability and Motivation in Health Care Quality," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 42(3).
- Leonard, Kenneth & Masatu, Melkiory C., 2006. "Outpatient process quality evaluation and the Hawthorne Effect," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(9), pages 2330-2340, November.
- Kenneth L. Leonard & Gilbert R. Mliga & Damen Haile Mariam, 2002. "Bypassing Health Centres in Tanzania: Revealed Preferences for Quality," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(4), pages 441-471, December.
- Ofori-Adjei, David & Arhinful, Daniel K., 1996. "Effect of training on the clinical management of malaria by medical assistants in Ghana," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(8), pages 1169-1176, April.
- Jishnu Das & Jeffrey Hammer & Kenneth Leonard, 2008.
"The Quality of Medical Advice in Low-Income Countries,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 93-114, Spring.
- Das, Jishnu & Hammer, Jeffrey & Leonard, Kenneth, 2008. "The quality of medical advice in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4501, The World Bank.
- Paredes, Patricia & de la Peña, Manuela & Flores-Guerra, Enrique & Diaz, Judith & Trostle, James, 1996. "Factors influencing physicians' prescribing behaviour in the treatment of childhood diarrhoea: Knowledge may not be the clue," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(8), pages 1141-1153, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lange, Siri & Mwisongo, Aziza & Mæstad, Ottar, 2014. "Why don't clinicians adhere more consistently to guidelines for the Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI)?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 56-63.
- Christophe Lemiére & Gaute Torsvik & Ottar Mæstad & Christopher H. Herbst & Kenneth L. Leonard, 2013. "Evaluating the Impact of Results-Based Financing on Health Worker Performance: Theory, Tools and Variables to Inform an Impact Evaluation," Health, Nutrition and Population (HNP) Discussion Paper Series 98269, The World Bank.
- Kjell Hausken & Mthuli Ncube, 2013. "Working Paper 172 - Political Economy of Service Delivery: Monitoring versus Contestation," Working Paper Series 468, African Development Bank.
- J. Michelle Brock & Andreas Lange & Kenneth L. Leonard, 2016. "Generosity and Prosocial Behavior in Healthcare Provision: Evidence from the Laboratory and Field," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 51(1), pages 133-162.
- World Bank, 2012. "Service Delivery Indicators : Tanzania," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20126, The World Bank.
- repec:ebd:wpaper:147 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2012. "Service Delivery Indicators : Senegal," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20125, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman resources Quality health services Workload Tanzania;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:29:y:2010:i:5:p:686-698. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .