HMO penetration and the geographic mobility of practicing physicians
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wholey, Douglas & Feldman, Roger & Christianson, Jon B., 1995. "The effect of market structure on HMO premiums," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 81-105, May.
- Joseph P. Newhouse & Albert P. Williams & Bruce W. Bennett & William B. Schwartz, 1982. "Does the Geographical Distribution of Physicians Reflect Market Failure?," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 493-505, Autumn.
- Liaw, Kao-Lee & Ledent, Jacques, 1987. "Nested logit model and maximum quasi-likelihood method : A flexible methodology for analyzing interregional migration patterns," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 67-88, February.
- Schwartz, Aba, 1973. "Interpreting the Effect of Distance on Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(5), pages 1153-1169, Sept.-Oct.
- Enchautegui, Maria E, 1997. "Welfare Payments and Other Economic Determinants of Female Migration," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 529-554, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sean Nicholson & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2002. "Physician Income Prediction Errors: Sources and Implications for Behavior," NBER Working Papers 8907, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:148-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven Stern & Elizabeth Merwin & Emily Hauenstein & Ivora Hinton & Virgina Rovnyak & Melvin Wilson & Ishan Williams & Irma Mahone, 2008. "The E¤ect of Rurality on Mental and Physical Health," Virginia Economics Online Papers 381, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Baron, Mira G., 2002. "The impact of switching costs on closing of service branches," ERSA conference papers ersa02p314, European Regional Science Association.
- Jonathan Ketcham & Andrew Epstein, 2006. "Which Physicians are Affected Most by Medicaid Preferred Drug Lists for Statins and Antihypertensives?," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 27-40, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:19:y:2000:i:5:p:793-809. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .