Matching food with mouths: A statistical explanation to the abnormal decline of per capita food consumption in rural China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Yu, Xiaohua & Abler, David G., 2015. "Matching Food with Mouths: A Statistical Explanation to the Abnormal Decline of Per Capita Food Consumption in Rural China," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 198717, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
References listed on IDEAS
- Xiaohua Yu & Guoqing Zhao, 2009. "Chinese agricultural development in 30 years: A literature review," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, vol. 4(4), pages 633-648, December.
- Li Jiang & Karen C. Seto & Junfei Bai, 2015. "Urban economic development, changes in food consumption patterns and land requirements for food production in China," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 240-261, May.
- Liu, Haiyan & Wahl, Thomas I. & Seale, James L. & Bai, Junfei, 2015.
"Household composition, income, and food-away-from-home expenditure in urban China,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 97-103.
- Bai, Junfei & Liu, Haiyan & Wahl, Thomas & Seale, James L. Jr. & Zhang, Caiping, 2015. "Household composition, income, and food-away-from-home expenditure in urban China," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212050, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Shenggen Fan & Eric J. Wailes & Gail L. Cramer, 1995. "Household Demand in Rural China: A Two-Stage LES-AIDS Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(1), pages 54-62.
- Yu, Xiaohua & Abler, David, 2014. "Where have all the pigs gone? Inconsistencies in pork statistics in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 469-484.
- Hengyun Ma & Jikun Huang & Frank Fuller & Scott Rozelle, 2006.
"Getting Rich and Eating Out: Consumption of Food Away from Home in Urban China,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(1), pages 101-119, March.
- Ma, Hengyun & Huang, Jikun & Fuller, Frank H. & Rozelle, Scott, 2006. "Getting Rich and Eating Out: Consumption of Food Away from Home in Urban China," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12499, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- J. Taylor & Irma Adelman, 2003. "Agricultural Household Models: Genesis, Evolution, and Extensions," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 33-58, January.
- David Abler, 2010. "Demand Growth in Developing Countries," OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers 29, OECD Publishing.
- Zhong, Funing & Xiang, Jing & Zhu, Jing, 2012. "Impact of demographic dynamics on food consumption — A case study of energy intake in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1011-1019.
- Xu Tian & Xiaohua Yu, 2013. "The Demand for Nutrients in China," Frontiers of Economics in China, Higher Education Press, vol. 8(2), pages 186-206, June.
- Smith, Lisa C., 2015. "The great Indian calorie debate: Explaining rising undernourishment during India’s rapid economic growth," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 53-67.
- Tian, Xu & Yu, Xiaohua, 2015. "Using semiparametric models to study nutrition improvement and dietary change with different indices: The case of China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 67-81.
- Satoru Shimokawa, 2010. "Asymmetric Intrahousehold Allocation of Calories in China," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(3), pages 873-888.
- Basole, Amit & Basu, Deepankar, 2015. "Fuelling Calorie Intake Decline: Household-Level Evidence from Rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 82-95.
- Bai, Junfei & Wahl, Thomas I. & Lohmar, Bryan T. & Huang, Jikun, 2010. "Food away from home in Beijing: Effects of wealth, time and "free" meals," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 432-441, September.
- X.M. Gao & Eric J. Wailes & Gail L. Cramer, 1996. "A Two-Stage Rural Household Demand Analysis: Microdata Evidence from Jiangsu Province, China," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 604-613.
- Colin A. Carter & Funing Zhong & Jing Zhu, 2012.
"Advances in Chinese Agriculture and its Global Implications,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 34(1), pages 1-36.
- Colin A. Carter & Funing Zhong & Jing Zhu, 2012. "Advances in Chinese Agriculture and its Global Implications," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 34(1), pages 1-36.
- Wang, Xiaobing & Huang, Jikun & Zhang, Linxiu & Rozelle, Scott, 2011. "The rise of migration and the fall of self employment in rural China's labor market," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 573-584.
- Dowler, Elizabeth A. & Seo, Young Ok, 1985. "Assessment of energy intake : Estimates of food supply v measurement of food consumption," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 278-288, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xiaoheng Zhang & Feng Chu & Xiaohua Yu & Yingheng Zhou & Xu Tian & Xianhui Geng & Jinyang Yang, 2017. "Changing Structure and Sustainable Development for China’s Hog Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-15, January.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:73:y:2017:i:c:p:62-74 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFood demand; Underreporting; Rural China; Food away from home; Off-farm migration;
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:63:y:2016:i:c:p:36-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.