Population density, migration, and the returns to human capital and land: Insights from Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keijiro Otsuka & Yanyan Liu & Futoshi Yamauchi, 2013.
"Factor Endowments, Wage Growth, and Changing Food Self-Sufficiency: Evidence from Country-Level Panel Data,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1252-1258.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Liu, Yanyan & Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2013. "Factor endowments, wage growth, and changing food self-sufficiency: Evidence from country-level panel data," IFPRI discussion papers 1246, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Esther Duflo, 2001.
"Schooling and Labor Market Consequences of School Construction in Indonesia: Evidence from an Unusual Policy Experiment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 795-813, September.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Schooling and Labor Market Consequences of School Construction in Indonesia: Evidence from an Unusual Policy Experiment," NBER Working Papers 7860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Khandker, Shahidur R. & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1993.
"How infrastructure and financial institutions affect agricultural output and investment in India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 337-366, August.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Khandker, Shahidur R & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1989. "How infrastructure and financial institutions affect agricultural output and investment in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 163, The World Bank.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 2008.
"Population Policies, Fertility, Women's Human Capital, and Child Quality,"
Handbook of Development Economics,
- T. Paul Schultz, 2007. "Population Policies, Fertility, Women's Human Capital, and Child Quality," Working Papers 954, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 2007. "Population Policies, Fertility, Women's Human Capital, and Child Quality," Center Discussion Papers 10120, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 2007. "Population Policies, Fertility, Women’s Human Capital, and Child Quality," IZA Discussion Papers 2815, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Takamasa Akiyama & Donald F. Larson, 2004. "Rural Development and Agricultural Growth in Indonesia, the Philippines and Thailand," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14745, November.
- Hans Binswanger & Prabhu Pingali, 1989.
"Technological priorities for farming in Sub‐Saharan Africa,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 46-65, January.
- Binswanger, Hans & Pingali, Prabhu, 1988. "Technological Priorities for Farming in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 3(1), pages 81-98, January.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2005.
"Cities and Specialisation: Evidence from South Asia,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(503), pages 477-504, April.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2003. "Cities and Specialization: Evidence from South Asia," Economics Series Working Papers 139, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Foster, Andrew D. & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 2008. "Economic Development and the Decline of Agricultural Employment," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Kinsey, Bill H. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1993.
"Characteristics and performance of resettlement programs: A review,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1477-1494, September.
- Kinsey, Bill H. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1993. "Characteristics and performance of settlement programs : a review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1207, The World Bank.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi & Muto, Megumi & Chowdhury, Shyamal & Dewina, Reno & Sumaryanto, Sony, 2011. "Are Schooling and Roads Complementary? Evidence from Income Dynamics in Rural Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2232-2244.
- Yukon Huang & Alessandro Magnoli Bocchi, 2009. "Reshaping Economic Geography in East Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2590, November.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 1989. "Food price policy : The rationale for government intervention," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 17-27, February.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2004. "Are experience and schooling complementary? Evidence from migrants' assimilation in the Bangkok labor market," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 489-513, August.
- Malthus, Thomas Robert, 1798. "An Essay on the Principle of Population," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number malthus1798.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2016. "Rising real wages, mechanization and growing advantage of large farms: Evidence from Indonesia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 62-69.
More about this item
KeywordsPopulation growth; Migration; Income growth; Education; Landholding; Rural economy; Indonesia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:48:y:2014:i:c:p:182-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.