On measuring the benefits of lower transport costs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jacoby, Hanan G. & Minten, Bart, 2009. "On measuring the benefits of lower transport costs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 28-38, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arnott, Richard J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1981.
"Aggregate Land Rents and Aggregate Transport Costs,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 331-347, June.
- Richard J. Arnott & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1980. "Aggregate Land Rents and Aggregate Transport Costs," NBER Working Papers 0523, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gersovitz, Mark, 1989. "Transportation, State Marketing, and the Taxation of the Agricultural Hinterland," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1113-1137, October.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Ruth Vargas Hill, 2005. "Selling at the Farmgate or Traveling to Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 717-734.
- Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1986. "The short-run and long-run benefits of environmental improvement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 61-81, June.
- Shahidur R. Khandker & Zaid Bakht & Gayatri B. Koolwal, 2009.
"The Poverty Impact of Rural Roads: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(4), pages 685-722, July.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Bakht, Zaid & Koolwal, Gayatri B., 2006. "The poverty impact of rural roads : evidencefrom Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3875, The World Bank.
- Mu, Ren & van de Walle, Dominique, 2007. "Rural roads and poor area development in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4340, The World Bank.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2003.
"The spatial division of labour in Nepal,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(6), pages 23-66.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2000. "The Spatial Division of Labor in Nepal," Economics Series Working Papers 44, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Shilpi, Forhad, 2002. "The spatial division of labor in Nepal," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2845, The World Bank.
- Timothy J. Bartik & V. Kerry Smith, 1996. "Urban Amenities and Public Policy," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers, in: V. Kerry Smith (ed.),Estimating Economic Values for Nature: Methods for Non-Market Valuation, pages 271-318, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Jerry Lebo & Dieter Schelling, 2001. "Design and Appraisal of Rural Transport Infrastructure : Ensuring Basic Access for Rural Communities," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13911, June.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2005.
"Cities and Specialisation: Evidence from South Asia,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(503), pages 477-504, April.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2003. "Cities and Specialization: Evidence from South Asia," Economics Series Working Papers 139, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Jacoby, Hanan C, 2000. "Access to Markets and the Benefits of Rural Roads," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 713-737, July.
- Mitchell Polinsky, A. & Shavell, Steven, 1976. "Amenities and property values in a model of an urban area," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 119-129.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Gibson, John & Rozelle, Scott, 2003. "Poverty and Access to Roads in Papua New Guinea," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 159-185, October.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1981. "Exact Consumer's Surplus and Deadweight Loss," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 662-676, September.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport Economics Policy&Planning; Rural Roads&Transport; Economic Theory&Research; Rural Transport;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.