Aggregate Land Rents and Aggregate Transport Costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Richard J. Arnott & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1980. "Aggregate Land Rents and Aggregate Transport Costs," NBER Working Papers 0523, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard J. Arnott & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1979. "Aggregate Land Rents, Expenditure on Public Goods, and Optimal City Size," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(4), pages 471-500.
- Getz, Malcolm, 1975. "A model of the impact of transportation investment on land rents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 57-74, February.
- Herbert Mohring, 1961. "Land Values and the Measurement of Highway Benefits," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 236-236.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borck, Rainald & Wrede, Matthias, 2005.
"Political economy of commuting subsidies,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 478-499, May.
- Rainald Borck & Matthias Wrede, 2004. "Political Economy of Commuting Subsidies," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 445, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Rainald Borck & Matthias Wrede, 2004. "Political Economy of Commuting Subsidies," CESifo Working Paper Series 1339, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jacoby, Hanan G. & Minten, Bart, 2009.
"On measuring the benefits of lower transport costs,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 28-38, May.
- Jacoby, Hanan G. & Minten, Bart, 2008. "On measuring the benefits of lower transport costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4484, The World Bank.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2014.
"The Growth of Cities,"
Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 5, pages 781-853
- Viguie, V. & Hallegatte, S., 2014.
"Urban infrastructure investment and rent-capture potentials,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
7067, The World Bank.
- Vincent Viguie & Stéphane Hallegatte, 2015. "Urban Infrastructure Investment and Rent-Capture Potentials," CIRED Working Papers hal-01136199, HAL.
- Dascher, Kristof, 2019.
"Function Follows Form,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 131-140.
- Dascher, Kristof, 2015. "Function Follows Form," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 486, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Kristof Dascher, 2016. "Function Follows Form," ERES eres2016_15, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Dascher, Kristof, 2015. "Function Follows Form," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112924, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Vincent Viguie & Stéphane Hallegatte, 2015. "Urban Infrastructure Investment and Rent-Capture Potentials," Working Papers hal-01136199, HAL.
- Bilotkach, Volodymyr & Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Talavera, Oleksandr, 2012.
"Sensitivity of prices to demand shocks: A natural experiment in the San Francisco Bay Area,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 1137-1151.
- Volodymyr Bilotkach & Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Oleksandr Talavera, 2010. "Sensitivity of Prices to Demand Shocks: A Natural Experiment in the San Francisco Bay Area," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 004, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Borck, Rainald & Wrede, Matthias, 2008. "Commuting subsidies with two transport modes," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 841-848, May.
- Borck, Rainald & Wrede, Matthias, 2009. "Subsidies for intracity and intercity commuting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 25-32, July.
- Robert BICHSEL, 1999. "A Silver Rule for Financing Local Transport Facilities," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 9902, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:65:y:2018:i:c:p:89-105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sheppard, Stephen & Stover, Mark Edward, 1995. "The benefits of transport improvements in a city with efficient development control," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 211-222, April.
- Laird, James J. & Venables, Anthony J., 2017. "Transport investment and economic performance: A framework for project appraisal," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1-11.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2018.
"Pareto efficient taxation and expenditures: Pre- and re-distribution,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 101-119.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2017. "Pareto Efficient Taxation and Expenditures: Pre- and Re-distribution," NBER Working Papers 23892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marvin Kraus, 2003. "Monocentric Cities," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 559, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Proost, Stef & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2015. "Skilled Cities, Regional Disparities, and Efficient Transport: The state of the art and a research agenda," CEPR Discussion Papers 10790, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1981. "Public Goods in Open Economies with Heterogeneous Individuals," NBER Working Papers 0802, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2015. "Urban Land Use," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Helsley, Robert, 2001. "An Essay on Urban Economic Theory: Yorgos Y. Papageorgiou and David Pines, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, Massachusetts, 1999, ISBN 0-7923-8343-5," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 626-630, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:91:y:1981:i:362:p:331-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.