Changing household characteristics and the away-from-home food market: a censored equation system approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shew-Jiuan Su & Steven Yen, 2000. "A censored system of cigarette and alcohol consumption," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(6), pages 729-737.
- J. Scott Shonkwiler & Steven T. Yen, 1999. "Two-Step Estimation of a Censored System of Equations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 972-982.
- Byrne, Patrick J. & Capps, Oral, Jr. & Saha, Atanu, 1998. "Analysis Of Quick-Serve, Mid-Scale, And Up-Scale Food Away From Home Expenditures," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 1(01).
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", pages 129-137.
- Federico Perali & Jean-Paul Chavas, 2000. "Estimation of Censored Demand Equations from Large Cross-Section Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1022-1037.
- Lin, Tsai-Fen & Schmidt, Peter, 1984. "A Test of the Tobit Specification against an Alternative Suggested by Cragg," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, pages 174-177.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry, 2004.
"An economic analysis of adult obesity: results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, pages 565-587.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Michael Grossman & Henry Saffer, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of Adult Obesity: Results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System," NBER Working Papers 9247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1974. "Multivariate Regression and Simultaneous Equation Models when the Dependent Variables Are Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 999-1012, November.
- Lin, Biing-Hwan & Frazao, Elizabeth & Guthrie, Joanne F., 1999. "Away-From-Home Foods Increasingly Important to Quality of American Diet," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33733, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Steven Yen & Kamhon Kan & Shew-Jiuan Su, 2002. "Household demand for fats and oils: two-step estimation of a censored demand system," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(14), pages 1799-1806.
- Jekanowski, Mark D. & Binkley, James K. & Eales, James S., 2001. "Convenience, Accessibility, And The Demand For Fast Food," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Patterson, Paul M. & Acharya, Ram N. & Schmitz, Troy G. & Foerster, Susan B. & Hill, Esther & Jones, Anita & Bohm, Erica, 2002. "Analysis of the Effects of a Healthy Dining Campaign on Sales of Healthy Menu Items," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19892, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wales, T J & Woodland, A D, 1980. "Sample Selectivity and the Estimation of Labor Supply Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(2), pages 437-468, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boonsaeng, Tullaya & Carpio, Carlos E. & Zhen, Chen & Okrent, Abigail M., 2012. "The Effect of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program on Food Spending Among Low-Income Households," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124839, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Yen, Steven T., 2009. "Off-farm Employment and Food Consumption at Home and away from Home: Evidence from Farm Households in Taiwan," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51362, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fadhuile, Adelaide & Lemarie, Stephane & Pirotte, Alain, 2011. "Pesticides Uses in Crop Production: What Can We Learn from French Farmers Practices?," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103654, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis & Adjognon, Serge & Reardon, Thomas, 2016. "Transformation of the food system in Nigeria and female participation in the Non-Farm Economy (NFE)," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236284, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Yen, Steven T. & Kasteridis, Panagiotis P. & Riley, John B., 2012. "Food Expenditures away from Home by Elderly Households," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124981, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kim, GwanSeon & Saghaian, Sayed H., 2016. "The Impact of Households’ Characteristics on Food at Home and Food away from Home," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229605, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Fu, Shengfei & Klepacka, Anna M. & Florkowski, Wojciech J., 2014. "Dairy product consumtion in Poland: an application of bivariate two-part model," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182963, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hamrick, Karen & Okrent, Abigail, 2014. "The Role of Time in Fast-Food Purchasing Behavior in the United States," Economic Research Report 191034, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Sanae Tashiro, 2009. "Differences in Food Preparation by Race and Ethnicity: Evidence from the American Time Use Survey," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, pages 161-180.
- Salois, Matthew J. & Tiffin, J. Richard, 2010. "The Health Effects Of A Fiscal Food Policy," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116394, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Junfei Bai, 2012. "Disaggregating household expenditures on food away from home in Beijing by type of food facility and type of meal," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 18-35, January.
- Hung-Hao Chang, 2012. "Consumption inequality between farm and nonfarm households in Taiwan: a decomposition analysis of differences in distribution," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(5), pages 487-498, September.
- Fu, Shengfei & Klepacka, Anna M. & Florkowski, Wojciech J., 2014. "Household Whole and Low Fat Milk Consumption in Poland: A Bivariate Two-part Model," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162448, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Liu, Miaoru & Kasteridis, Panagiotis & Yen, Steven T., 2013. "Breakfast, lunch, and dinner expenditures away from home in the United States," Food Policy, Elsevier, pages 156-164.
- Keelan, Conor D. & Henchion, Maeve M. & Newman, Carol F., 2006. "A double-hurdle model of Irish households' foodservice expenditure patterns," 98th Seminar, June 29-July 2, 2006, Chania, Crete, Greece 10083, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Carpio, Carlos E. & Boonsaeng, Tullaya & Chen, Zhen & Okrent, Abigail, 2014. "The Effect of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program on Food and Nonfood Spending Among Low-Income Households," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170650, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zhuo Chen & Steven Yen, 2005. "On bias correction in the multivariate sample-selection model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(21), pages 2459-2468.
- Tiffin, R & Arnoult, M, 2008. "Bayesian estimation of the infrequency of purchase model with an application to food demand in the UK," MPRA Paper 18836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fu, Shengfei & Florkowski, Wojciech, 2016. "Polish Household Consumption of Tobacco and Alcohol: A Censored System," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229795, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Tullaya, Boonsaeng & Carlos, Carpio, 2014. "A Comparison of Food Demand Estimation from Homescan and Consumer Expenditure Survey Data," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170543, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Keelan, Conor D. & Henchion, Maeve M. & Newman, Carol F., 2008. "Eating Out in the British Isles," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36859, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Sanae Tashiro, 2011. "Balancing nutrition, luxury, and time constraints in food preparation choices," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 245-265, May.
- Bozoglu, Mehmet & Bilgic, Abdulbaki & Yen, Steven T. & Huang, Chung L., 2013. "Household food expenditures at home and away from home in Turkey," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149737, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:29:y:2004:i:6:p:643-658. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.