Organic certification and the UK market: organic imports from developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Browne, A. W. & Harris, P. J. C. & Hofny-Collins, A. H. & Pasiecznik, N. & Wallace, R. R., 2000. "Organic production and ethical trade: definition, practice and links," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 69-89, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohammed, Rezgar & Zheng, Yuqing, 2017.
"International Diffusion Of Food Safety Standards: The Role Of Domestic Certifiers And International Trade,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 296-322, May.
- Mohammed, Rezgar & Zheng, Yuqing, 2015. "International Diffusion of Food Safety Standards: The Role of Domestic Certifiers and International Trade," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229785, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Sawyer, Erin N. & Kerr, William A. & Hobbs, Jill E., 2008. "Consumer preferences and the international harmonization of organic standards," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 607-615, December.
- Newman, Carol & Rand, John & Tarp, Finn & Trifkovic, Neda, 2018.
"The transmission of socially responsible behaviour through international trade,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 250-267.
- Carol Newman & John Rand & Finn Tarp & Neda Trifkovic, 2016. "The transmission of socially responsible behaviour through international trade," WIDER Working Paper Series 068, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Garcia Martinez, Marian & Banados, Felipe, 2004. "Impact of EU organic product certification legislation on Chile organic exports," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Gabriele Jahn & Matthias Schramm & Achim Spiller, 2005. "The Reliability of Certification: Quality Labels as a Consumer Policy Tool," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 53-73, December.
- Herzfeld, Thomas & Drescher, Larissa S. & Grebitus, Carola, 2011.
"Cross-national adoption of private food quality standards,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 401-411, June.
- Herzfeld, Thomas & Drescher, Larissa S. & Grebitus, Carola, 2011. "Cross-national adoption of private food quality standards," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 401-411.
- Padilla Bravo, Carlos Antonio & Spiller, Achim & Villalobos, Pablo, 2012. "Are Organic Growers Satisfied with the Certification System? A Causal Analysis of Farmers’ Perceptions in Chile," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 15(4), pages 1-22, November.
- Friederike Albersmeier & Holger Schulze & Achim Spiller, 2009. "Evaluation and reliability of the organic certification system: perceptions by farmers in Latin America," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 311-324.
- Jessica Goldberger, 2008. "Non-governmental organizations, strategic bridge building, and the “scientization” of organic agriculture in Kenya," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(2), pages 271-289, June.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Boys, Kathryn A. & Danilow, Alyssa A. & Lynch, Kathryn E., 2017. "Food Certification Industry Capacity and Ability to Comply with FSMA Final Rule on Accredited Third-Party Certification," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258468, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Singh, Mrinila & Maharjan, Keshav Lall & Maskey, Bijan, 2015. "Factors influencing organic farm income in Chitwan district of Nepal," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212234, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hatanaka, Maki & Bain, Carmen & Busch, Lawrence, 2005. "Third-party certification in the global agrifood system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 354-369, June.
- Demko, Iryna & Jaenicke, Edward C., 2015. "Estimating the Impact of Organic Equivalency Agreements on U.S. Agricultural Trade," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205097, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- D Rigby & S Brown, 2003. "Organic Food and Global Trade: Is the Market Delivering Agricultural Sustainability?," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0326, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Jan Mei Soon & Richard N. Baines, 2013. "Public and Private Food Safety Standards: Facilitating or Frustrating Fresh Produce Growers?," Laws, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Raynolds, Laura T., 2004. "The Globalization of Organic Agro-Food Networks," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 725-743, May.
- Maze, Armelle, 2005. "Integrated Agriculture Labelling and consumer information: retailer's strategies and regulatory issues in the European context," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19175, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ivanova, Daniela, 2018.
"Сертификацията – Инструмент За „Зелени“ Комуникации В Глобалната Търговия
[Certification - a tool for “green” communications in global trade]," MPRA Paper 96038, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nguyen Khanh Doanh & Nguyen Thi Thu Thuong & Yoon Heo, 2018. "Impact of Conversion to Organic Tea Cultivation on Household Income in the Mountainous Areas of Northern Vietnam," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-21, November.
- Oelofse, Myles & Høgh-Jensen, Henning & Abreu, Lucimar S. & Almeida, Gustavo F. & Hui, Qiao Yu & Sultan, Tursinbek & de Neergaard, Andreas, 2010. "Certified organic agriculture in China and Brazil: Market accessibility and outcomes following adoption," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1785-1793, July.
- Roitner-Schobesberger, Birgit & Darnhofer, Ika & Somsook, Suthichai & Vogl, Christian R., 2008. "Consumer perceptions of organic foods in Bangkok, Thailand," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 112-121, April.
- Owusu, Victor, 2012. "Assessing Consumer Willingness to Pay a Premium for Organic Food Product: Evidence from Ghana," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 123394, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Athina-Evera Qendro, 2015. "Albanian and UK Consumers’ Perceptions of Farmers’ Markets and Supermarkets as Outlets for Organic Food: An Exploratory Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-26, May.
- Adina-Roxana MUNTEANU, 2015. "The Third Party Certification System For Organic Products," Network Intelligence Studies, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 6, pages 145-151, December.
- Meike Wollni & David R. Lee & Janice E. Thies, 2010. "Conservation agriculture, organic marketing, and collective action in the Honduran hillsides," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(3‐4), pages 373-384, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:27:y:2002:i:4:p:301-318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.