The development of and prospects for organic farming in the UK
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carletto, Calogero & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1999. "Sustainability in the Diffusion of Innovations: Smallholder Nontraditional Agro-Exports in Guatemala," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 345-369, January.
- Rigby, D. & Caceres, D., 2001. "Organic farming and the sustainability of agricultural systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 21-40, April.
- Gary D. Thompson, 1998. "Consumer Demand for Organic Foods: What We Know and What We Need to Know," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1113-1118.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
- John Henning & Laurie Baker & Paul Thomassin, 1991. "Economics Issues in Organic Agriculture," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(4), pages 877-889, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nadine Würriehausen & Rico Ihle & Sebastian Lakner, 2015. "Price relationships between qualitatively differentiated agricultural products: organic and conventional wheat in Germany," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(2), pages 195-209, March.
- Ferto, Imre & Forgacs, Csaba, 2009.
"Is organic farming a chance for family farms to survive?,"
111th Seminar, June 26-27, 2009, Canterbury, UK
52862, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fertő, Imre & Forgács, Csaba, 2010. "Is organic farming a chance for family farms to survive?," IAMO Forum 2010: Institutions in Transition – Challenges for New Modes of Governance 52711, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- John Cranfield & Spencer Henson & James Holliday, 2010. "The motives, benefits, and problems of conversion to organic production," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 27(3), pages 291-306, September.
- Adelina Gschwandtner, 2014. "The Organic Food Premium: A Canterbury Tale," Studies in Economics 1411, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Mercedes Beltrán-Esteve & Andrés J. Picazo-Tadeo & Ernest Reig-Martínez, 2012. "What makes a citrus farmer go organic? Empirical evidence from Spanish citrus farming," Working Papers 1205, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Teresa Serra & David Zilberman & José M. Gil, 2008. "Differential uncertainties and risk attitudes between conventional and organic producers: the case of Spanish arable crop farmers," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(2), pages 219-229, September.
- Laure Latruffe & Céline Nauges, 2014.
"Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 41(2), pages 227-253.
- Latruffe, Laure & Nauges, CÃ©line, 2010. "Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France," LERNA Working Papers 10.23.329, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Laure Latruffe & Céline Nauges, 2010. "Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 10-17, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Laure Latruffe & Céline Nauges, 2014. "Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France," Post-Print hal-01208914, HAL.
- Doris Läpple, 2010. "Adoption and Abandonment of Organic Farming: An Empirical Investigation of the Irish Drystock Sector," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 697-714.
- Hattam, Caroline & Holloway, Garth J., 2007. "Bayes Estimates of Time to Organic Certification," 81st Annual Conference, April 2-4, 2007, Reading University 7979, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Lapple, Doris & Donnellan, Trevor, 2009. "Adoption and Abandonment of Organic Farming: An Empirical Investigation of the Irish Drystock Sector," 83rd Annual Conference, March 30-April 1, 2009, Dublin, Ireland 51062, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Lee-Ann Sutherland, 2013. "Can organic farmers be ‘good farmers’? Adding the ‘taste of necessity’ to the conventionalization debate," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(3), pages 429-441, September.
- Zein Kallas & Teresa Serra & José Maria Gil, 2010. "Farmers' objectives as determinants of organic farming adoption: the case of Catalonian vineyard production," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(5), pages 409-423, September.
- Mann, Stefan, 2003. "Why organic food in Germany is a merit good," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5-6), pages 459-469.
- Wheeler, Sarah Ann, 2006. "The Influence of Market and Agricultural Policy Signals on the Level of Organic Farming," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25333, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lobley, Matt & Reed, Matthew J. & Butler, Allan J., 2005. "The Impact of Organic Farming on the Rural Economy in England," Research Reports 31747, University of Exeter, Centre for Rural Policy Research.
- Laure Latruffe & Douadia Bougherara & Jasmin Sainte-Beuve, 2012. "Economic performance in organic farming in France: incentive or disincentive to convert?," Post-Print hal-01190622, HAL.
- Argiles, Josep M. & Brown, Nestor Duch, 2010.
"A comparison of the economic and environmental performances of conventional and organic farming: evidence from financial statements,"
Agricultural Economics Review,
Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(1), January.
- Josep Mª Argilés & Néstor Duch Brown, 2007. "A comparison of the economic and environmental performances of conventional and organic farming: Evidence from financial statements," Working Papers 2007/8, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Mzoughi, Naoufel, 2011. "Farmers adoption of integrated crop protection and organic farming: Do moral and social concerns matter?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1536-1545, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:26:y:2001:i:6:p:599-613. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.