Coastal dynamics and adaptation to uncertain sea level rise: Optimal portfolios for salt marsh migration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Duran, Orencio & Johnston, Robert J. & Kirwan, Matthew L. & Leroux, Anke D. & Martin, Vance L., 2019. "Coastal Dynamics and Adaptation to Uncertain Sea Level Rise: Optimal Portfolios for Salt Marsh Migration," 2019 Conference (63rd), February 12-15, 2019, Melbourne, Australia 285075, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (AARES).
References listed on IDEAS
- Payal Shah & Amy W. Ando, 2015. "Downside versus Symmetric Measures of Uncertainty in Natural Resource Portfolio Design to Manage Climate Change Uncertainty," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(4), pages 664-687.
- Jacob LaRiviere & David Kling & James N Sanchirico & Charles Sims & Michael Springborn, 2018. "The Treatment of Uncertainty and Learning in the Economics of Natural Resource and Environmental Management," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(1), pages 92-112.
- Duke, Joshua M. & Dundas, Steven J. & Johnston, Robert J. & Messer, Kent D., 2014. "Prioritizing payment for environmental services: Using nonmarket benefits and costs for optimal selection," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 319-329.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Farinelli, Simone & Ferreira, Manuel & Rossello, Damiano & Thoeny, Markus & Tibiletti, Luisa, 2008. "Beyond Sharpe ratio: Optimal asset allocation using different performance ratios," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2057-2063, October.
- Yemshanov, Denys & Koch, Frank H. & Lu, Bo & Lyons, D. Barry & Prestemon, Jeffrey P. & Scarr, Taylor & Koehler, Klaus, 2014. "There is no silver bullet: The value of diversification in planning invasive species surveillance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 61-72.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gourguet, S. & Thébaud, O. & Dichmont, C. & Jennings, S. & Little, L.R. & Pascoe, S. & Deng, R.A. & Doyen, L., 2014.
"Risk versus economic performance in a mixed fishery,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 110-120.
- Luc Doyen & R. A Deng & C. M. Dichmont & Sophie Gourguet & S. Jennings & L. Richard Little & S. Pascoe & Olivier Thébaud, 2014. "Risk versus Economic Performance in a Mixed Fishery," Post-Print hal-01134866, HAL.
- Sethi, Suresh Andrew & Reimer, Matthew & Knapp, Gunnar, 2014. "Alaskan fishing community revenues and the stabilizing role of fishing portfolios," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 134-141.
- Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & Sven Wunder & Paul J. Ferraro, 2010. "Show Me the Money: Do Payments Supply Environmental Services in Developing Countries?," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 254-274, Summer.
- Sanchirico, James N. & Smith, Martin D. & Lipton, Douglas W., 2008. "An empirical approach to ecosystem-based fishery management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 586-596, January.
- Qian Zhou & James H. Lambert & Christopher W. Karvetski & Jeffrey M. Keisler & Igor Linkov, 2012. "Flood Protection Diversification to Reduce Probabilities of Extreme Losses," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 32(11), pages 1873-1887, November.
- Daniel R. Petrolia & Matthew G. Interis & Joonghyun Hwang, 2014.
"America's Wetland? A National Survey of Willingness to Pay for Restoration of Louisiana's Coastal Wetlands,"
Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 17-37.
- Petrolia, Daniel R. & Interis, Matthew G. & Hwang, Joonghyun, 2013. "America’s Wetland? A National Survey of Willingness to Pay for Restoration of Louisiana’s Coastal Wetlands," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142305, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Milon, J. Walter & Scrogin, David, 2006. "Latent preferences and valuation of wetland ecosystem restoration," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 162-175, February.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-257, August.
- van 't Veld, Klaas & Plantinga, Andrew, 2005. "Carbon sequestration or abatement? The effect of rising carbon prices on the optimal portfolio of greenhouse-gas mitigation strategies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 59-81, July.
- Leroux, Anke D. & Martin, Vance L. & Zheng, Hao, 2018. "Addressing water shortages by force of habit," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 42-61.
- S. V. Stoyanov & S. T. Rachev & F. J. Fabozzi, 2007. "Optimal Financial Portfolios," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(5), pages 401-436.
- Leroux, Anke D. & Whitten, Stuart M., 2014.
"Optimal investment in ecological rehabilitation under climate change,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 133-144.
- Anke D Leroux & Stuart M Whitten, 2014. "Optimal Investment in Ecological Rehabilitation under Climate Change," Monash Economics Working Papers 04-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Mallory, Mindy L. & Ando, Amy W., 2014. "Implementing efficient conservation portfolio design," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-18.
- Jardine, Sunny L. & Sanchirico, James N., 2015. "Fishermen, markets, and population diversity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 37-54.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012. "Investment decision-making under deep uncertainty - application to climate change," Post-Print hal-00802049, HAL.
- Kenneth J. Arrow & Anthony C. Fisher, 1974. "Environmental Preservation, Uncertainty, and Irreversibility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 312-319.
- Hallegatte, Stephane & Shah, Ankur & Lempert, Robert & Brown, Casey & Gill, Stuart, 2012. "Investment decision making under deep uncertainty -- application to climate change," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6193, The World Bank.
- Sathya Gopalakrishnan & Craig E Landry & Martin D Smith, 2018. "Climate Change Adaptation in Coastal Environments: Modeling Challenges for Resource and Environmental Economists," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(1), pages 48-68.
- Anke D. Leroux & Vance L. Martin, 2016. "Hedging Supply Risks: An Optimal Water Portfolio," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 98(1), pages 276-296.
- Robert J. Johnston & Gisele Magnusson & Marisa J. Mazzotta & James J. Opaluch, 2002. "Combining Economic and Ecological Indicators to Prioritize Salt Marsh Restoration Actions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1362-1370.
- Newbold, Stephen C. & Marten, Alex L., 2014. "The value of information for integrated assessment models of climate change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 111-123.
- Matthew G. Interis & Daniel R. Petrolia, 2016. "Location, Location, Habitat: How the Value of Ecosystem Services Varies across Location and by Habitat," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 92(2), pages 292-307.
- Edward B Barbier & Ioannis Y Georgiou & Brian Enchelmeyer & Denise J Reed, 2013. "The Value of Wetlands in Protecting Southeast Louisiana from Hurricane Storm Surges," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(3), pages 1-6, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBenefit; Diversification; Risk; Spatial; Climate change; Wetland; Optimal conservation; Geomorphology;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:98:y:2019:i:c:s0095069618304248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.