Community enforcement of fisheries effort restrictions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Burton, P.S., 2001. "Community Enforcement of Fisheries Effort Restrictions," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 2001-01, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1975. "Macroeconomic Constraints, Economic Efficiency and Ethics: An Introduction to Kantian Economics," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 42(168), pages 430-437, November.
- Parzival Copes, 1986. "A Critical Review of the Individual Quota as a Device in Fisheries Management," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(3), pages 278-291.
- McCarthy, Nancy & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2001. "Common Pool Resource Appropriation under Costly Cooperation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 297-309, November.
- van Dijk, Frans & van Winden, Frans, 1997. "Dynamics of social ties and local public good provision," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 323-341, June.
- Bergstrom, Ted C. & Blume, Larry & Varian, Hal, 1992. "Uniqueness of Nash equilibrium in private provision of public goods : An improved proof," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 391-392, December.
- David Feeny & Susan Hanna & Arthur F. McEvoy, 1996. "Questioning the Assumptions of the "Tragedy of the Commons" Model of Fisheries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(2), pages 187-205.
- Bernheim, B. Douglas & Whinston, Michael D., 1987. "Coalition-Proof Nash Equilibria II. Applications," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 13-29, June.
- Edella Schlager & Elinor Ostrom, 1992. "Property-Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 249-262.
- Abreu, Dilip, 1988. "On the Theory of Infinitely Repeated Games with Discounting," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 383-396, March.
- Johnson, Ronald N & Libecap, Gary D, 1982. "Contracting Problems and Regulation: The Case of the Fishery," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1005-1022, December.
- Bagnoli, Mark & Lipman, Barton L, 1992. "Private Provision of Public Goods Can Be Efficient," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 59-78, July.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Sethi, Rajiv & Somanathan, E, 1996. "The Evolution of Social Norms in Common Property Resource Use," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 766-788, September.
- Jeff Dayton-Johnson & Pranab Bardhan, 2002.
"Inequality And Conservation On The Local Commons: A Theoretical Exercise,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(481), pages 577-602, July.
- Jeff Dayton-Johnson and Pranab Bardhan., 1996. "Inequality and Conservation on the Local Commons: A Theoretical Exercise," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C96-071, University of California at Berkeley.
- Dayton-Johnson, Jeff & Bardhan, Pranab, 1996. "Inequality and Conservation on the Local Commons: A Theoretical Exercise," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt7f9913w9, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Daniel E. Lane, 1998.
"Canadian Fisheries Policy: Challenges and Choices,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 24(2), pages 133-147, June.
- Grafton, R-Q & Lane, D-E, 1997. "Canadian Fisheries Policy : Challenges and Choices," Working Papers 9703e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Cornes, Richard & Sandler, Todd, 1984. "Easy Riders, Joint Production, and Public Goods," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(375), pages 580-598, September.
- Greenberg, Joseph, 1994. "Coalition structures," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 37, pages 1305-1337 Elsevier.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ansink, Erik & Bouma, Jetske, 2013. "Effective support for community resource management," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 94-103.
- Stefan Ambec & Carine Sebi, 2011.
"The distributional impact of common-pool resource regulations,"
Indian Growth and Development Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 123-141, September.
- Ambec, Stefan & Sebi, Carine, 2010. "The distributional impact of common-pool resource regulations," LERNA Working Papers 10.19.325, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Ostrom, Elinor (Ed.) & Schlüter, Achim (Ed.), 2007. "The challenge of self-governance in complex, globalizing economies: Collection of revised papers of a PhD seminar," Working Papers 47-2007, University of Freiburg, Chair of Forestry Economics and Planning.
- McGaw, Richard, 2003. "Aboriginal fisheries policy in Atlantic Canada," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 417-424, September.
- Doyen, Luc & Péreau, Jean-Christophe, 2012.
"Sustainable coalitions in the commons,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 57-64.
- Luc DOYEN (CNRS - CERSP) & Jean-Christophe PEREAU (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2009. "Sustainable coalitions in the commons," Cahiers du GREThA 2009-15, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Luc Doyen & Jean-Christophe Pereau, 2012. "Sustainable coalitions in the commons," Post-Print hal-00745891, HAL.
- Jean-Christophe Pereau, 2010. "Sustainable coalitions in the commons," Post-Print hal-00645728, HAL.
- Stefan Borsky & Paul A. Raschky, 2011.
"A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Compliance with an International Environmental Agreement on Open Access Resources,"
2011-10, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Stefan Borsky & Paul A. Raschky, 2011. "A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Compliance with an International Environmental Agreement on Open Access Resources," Monash Economics Working Papers 05-11, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Stefan Borsky & Paul A. Raschky, 2015. "Intergovernmental Interaction in Compliance with an International Environmental Agreement," Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(2), pages 161-203.
- Borsky, Stefan & Raschky, Paul A., 2012. "A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Compliance with an International Environmental Agreement on an Open Access Resource," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124425, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
More about this item
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:45:y:2003:i:2,supplement1:p:474-491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.