Policymakers, institutions, and central bank decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Havrilesky, Thomas & Granato, James, 1993. "Determinants of Inflationary Performance: Corporatist Structures vs. Central Bank Autonomy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 76(3), pages 249-261, July.
- Grier, Kevin B & Neiman, Howard E, 1987. "Deficits, Politics and Money Growth," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(2), pages 201-214, April.
- Cukierman, Alex & Webb, Steven B & Neyapti, Bilin, 1992. "Measuring the Independence of Central Banks and Its Effect on Policy Outcomes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 353-398, September.
- Fratianni, M. & Von Hagen, J. & Waller, C., 1992. "The Maastricht Way to EMU," Princeton Studies in International Economics 187, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Alex Cukierman, 1992.
"Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, and Independence: Theory and Evidence,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262031981, January.
- Cukierman Alex, 1992. "Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, And Independance: Theory And Evidence," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 1-10, December.
- Waller, Christopher J., 1992. "A bargaining model of partisan appointments to the central bank," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 411-428, June.
- Haynes, Stephen E & Stone, Joe A, 1990. "Political Models of the Business Cycle Should Be Revived," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(3), pages 442-465, July.
- Havrilesky, Thomas & Gildea, John, 1995. "The Biases of Federal Reserve Bank Presidents," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(2), pages 274-284, April.
- Henry W. Chappell & Thomas M. Havrilesky & Rob Roy McGregor, 1993. "Partisan Monetary Policies: Presidential Influence Through the Power of Appointment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 185-218.
- Weintraub, Robert E., 1978. "Congressional supervision of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 341-362, April.
- Puckett, Richard H., 1984. "Federal open market committee structure and decisions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 97-104, July.
- Chappell, Henry W, Jr & Keech, William R, 1986. "Party Differences in Macroeconomic Policies and Outcomes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 71-74, May.
- Havrilesky, Thomas, 1995. "Restructuring the Fed," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 95-111, May.
- Haynes, Stephen E & Stone, Joe A, 1989. "An Integrated Test for Electoral Cycles in the U.S. Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 426-434, August.
- Waller, Christopher J, 1992. "The Choice of a Conservative Central Banker in a Multisector Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1006-1012, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Marc Berk & Beata K. Bierut, 2005. "On the Optimality of Decisions made by Hub-and-Spokes Monetary Policy Committees," DNB Working Papers 027, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Riboni, Alessandro & Ruge-Murcia, Francisco, 2014.
"Dissent in monetary policy decisions,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 137-154.
- Alessandro Riboni & Francisco J. Ruge-Murcia, 2011. "Dissent in Monetary Policy Decisions," Working Paper series 27_11, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- RIBONI, Alessandro & RUGE-MURCIA, Francisco J., 2011. "Dissent in Monetary Policy Decisions," Cahiers de recherche 06-2011, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- RIBONI, Alessandro & RUGE-MURCIA, Francisco J., 2011. "Dissent in Monetary Policy Decisions," Cahiers de recherche 2011-05, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Lähner, Tom, 2015. "Inconsistent voting behavior in the FOMC," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-546, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Jochimsen, Beate & Thomasius, Sebastian, 2014.
"The perfect finance minister: Whom to appoint as finance minister to balance the budget,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 390-408.
- Beate R. Jochimsen & Sebastian Thomasius, 2012. "The Perfect Finance Minister: Whom to Appoint as Finance Minister to Balance the Budget?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1188, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jan Marc Berk & Beata K. Bierut, 2005. "Communication in Monetary Policy Committees," DNB Working Papers 059, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Thomas J. Pierce & Ken Rebeck, 2001. "Short-Run Monetary Policy And The Macroeconomic Environment," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 434-443, October.
- Eichler, Stefan & Lähner, Tom & Noth, Felix, 2016. "Regional Banking Instability and FOMC Voting," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145803, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7718 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan Marc Berk & Beata Bierut, 2004. "On the Optimality of Decisions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-120/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Malmendier, Ulrike M. & Nagel, Stefan & Yan, Zhen, 2017.
"The Making of Hawks and Doves: Inflation Experiences on the FOMC,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11902, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Stefan Nagel & Zhen Yan, 2017. "The Making of Hawks and Doves: Inflation Experiences on the FOMC," NBER Working Papers 23228, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthias Neuenkirch & Peter Tillmann, 2016.
"Does A Good Central Banker Make A Difference?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(3), pages 1541-1560, July.
- Matthias Neuenkirch & Peter Tillmann, 2013. "Does a good central banker make a difference?," Research Papers in Economics 2013-08, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Matthias Neuenkirch & Peter Tillmann, 2013. "Does a Good Central Banker make a Difference?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201354, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:282-292 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gohlmann, Silja & Vaubel, Roland, 2007. "The educational and occupational background of central bankers and its effect on inflation: An empirical analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 925-941, May.
- Alberto Batinti, 2016. "NIH biomedical funding: evidence of executive dominance in swing-voter states during presidential elections," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 168(3), pages 239-263, September.
- Smales, Lee A. & Apergis, Nick, 2016. "The influence of FOMC member characteristics on the monetary policy decision-making process," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 216-231.
- Stefan Eichler & Tom Lähner, 2014. "Forecast dispersion, dissenting votes, and monetary policy preferences of FOMC members: the role of individual career characteristics and political aspects," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 160(3), pages 429-453, September.
- Sylvester Eijffinger & Ronald Mahieu & Louis Raes, 2016. "Monetary Policy Committees, Voting Behavior and Ideal Points," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1628, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Bennani, Hamza & Farvaque, Etienne & Stanek, Piotr, 2018.
"Influence of regional cycles and personal background on FOMC members’ preferences and disagreement,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 416-424.
- Etienne Farvaque & Hamza Bennani & Piotr Stanek, 2018. "Influence of Regional Cycles and Personal Background on FOMC Members' Preferences and Disagreement," Post-Print hal-01589198, HAL.
- Christian Fahrholz & Philipp Mohl, 2004. "EMU-enlargement and the Reshaping of Decision-making within the ECB Governing Council: A Voting-Power Analysis," Eastward Enlargement of the Euro-zone Working Papers wp23, Free University Berlin, Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, revised 01 Jun 2004.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:155:y:2017:i:c:p:55-58 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:47:y:1995:i:2:p:113-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .