Option traders use (very) sophisticated heuristics, never the Black-Scholes-Merton formula
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kairys, Joseph P, Jr & Valerio, Nicholas, III, 1997. " The Market for Equity Options in the 1870s," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1707-1723, September.
- Stanley, H.E & Amaral, L.A.N & Gopikrishnan, P & Plerou, V, 2000. "Scale invariance and universality of economic fluctuations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 283(1), pages 31-41.
- Breeden, Douglas T & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1978. "Prices of State-contingent Claims Implicit in Option Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 621-651, October.
- Stoll, Hans R, 1969. "The Relationship between Put and Call Option Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 24(5), pages 801-824, December.
- Gigerenzer, Gerd & Todd, Peter M. & ABC Research Group,, 2000. "Simple Heuristics That Make Us Smart," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195143812.
- Nicolae Garleanu & Lasse Heje Pedersen & Allen M. Poteshman, 2009.
"Demand-Based Option Pricing,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(10), pages 4259-4299, October.
- Nicolae Garleanu & Lasse Heje Pedersen & Allen M. Poteshman, 2005. "Demand-Based Option Pricing," NBER Working Papers 11843, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garleanu, Nicolae Bogdan & Pedersen, Lasse Heje & Poteshman, Allen M, 2005. "Demand-Based Option Pricing," CEPR Discussion Papers 5420, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- A. James Boness, 1964. "Elements of a Theory of Stock-Option Value," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 163-163.
- Zimmermann, Heinz & Hafner, Wolfgang, 2007. "Amazing discovery: Vincenz Bronzin's option pricing models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 531-546, February.
- J-P. Bouchaud & M. Potters, 2001. "Welcome to a non-Black-Scholes world," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(5), pages 482-483.
- Mixon, Scott, 2009. "Option markets and implied volatility: Past versus present," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 171-191, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- N. N. Taleb & R. Douady, 2013.
"Mathematical definition, mapping, and detection of (anti)fragility,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(11), pages 1677-1689, November.
- Nassim N. Taleb & Raphael Douady, 2012. "Mathematical Definition, Mapping, and Detection of (Anti)Fragility," Papers 1208.1189, arXiv.org.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb & Raphaël Douady, 2014. "Mathematical Definition, Mapping, and Detection of (Anti)Fragility," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14093, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb & Raphaël Douady, 2014. "Mathematical Definition, Mapping, and Detection of (Anti)Fragility," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01151340, HAL.
- N. N. Taleb & Raphaël Douady, 2013. "Mathematical Definition, Mapping, and Detection of (Anti)fragility," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01052645, HAL.
- Millo, Yuval & Schinckus, Christophe, 2016. "A nuanced perspective on episteme and techne in finance," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 124-130.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:52:y:2018:i:c:p:35-47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wallace, Rodrick & Fullilove, Robert E., 2014. "State policy and the political economy of criminal enterprise: mass incarceration and persistent organized hyperviolence in the USA," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 17-31.
- Forbes, William & Hudson, Robert & Skerratt, Len & Soufian, Mona, 2015. "Which heuristics can aid financial-decision-making?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 199-210.
- Timothy C. Johnson, 2013. "Reciprocity as the foundation of Financial Economics," Papers 1310.2798, arXiv.org.
- Turner, John D., 2014. "Financial history and financial economics," QUCEH Working Paper Series 14-03, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Cole, John A. & Cadogan, Godfrey, 2014.
"Bankruptcy risk induced by career concerns of regulators,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 259-271.
- Godfrey Charles-Cadogan & John A. Cole, 2013. "Bankruptcy Risk Induced by Career Concerns of Regulators," Papers 1312.7346, arXiv.org.
- Timothy Johnson, 2015. "Reciprocity as a Foundation of Financial Economics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 43-67, September.
- Jovanovic, Franck & Schinckus, Christophe, 2017. "Econophysics and Financial Economics: An Emerging Dialogue," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780190205034.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:52:y:2018:i:c:p:57-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bos, Frits & Zwaneveld, Peter, 2014.
"Reële opties en de waarde van flexibiliteit bij natte infrastructuur
[Real options analysis and the value of flexibility for (wet) infrastructure]," MPRA Paper 61506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsOptions Option hedging Delta hedging Put-call parity Derivatives;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:77:y:2011:i:2:p:97-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.