Simple Heuristics That Make Us Smart
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Post hoc, ergo propter hoc?
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2014-08-25 17:24:22
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Julian N. Marewski & Rudiger F. Pohl & Oliver Vitouch, 2011. "Recognition-based judgments and decisions: What we have learned (so far)," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 6(5), pages 359-380, July.
- Joanna Bryson, 2008. "Embodiment versus memetics," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 7(1), pages 77-94, June.
- Thomas Dudey & Peter Todd, 2001. "Making Good Decisions with Minimal Information: Simultaneous and Sequential Choice," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 195-215, May.
- Todd, Peter M., 2007. "How much information do we need?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(3), pages 1317-1332, March.
- Simona Cicognani & Anna D’Ambrosio & Werner Güth & Simone Pfuderer & Matteo Ploner, 2015.
"Community projects: an experimental analysis of a fair implementation process,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 44(1), pages 109-132, January.
- Simona Cicognani & Aanna D'Ambrosio & Werner Güth & Simone Pfuderer & Matteo Ploner, 2012. "Community Projects: An Experimental Analysis of a Fair Implementation Process," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-015, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Todd, Peter M. & Gigerenzer, Gerd, 2003. "Bounding rationality to the world," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 143-165, April.
- Magni, Carlo Alberto, 2007. "Investment decisions, equivalent risk and bounded rationality," MPRA Paper 6073, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dietrich, Franz & List, Christian, 2016.
"Mentalism Versus Behaviourism In Economics: A Philosophy-Of-Science Perspective,"
Economics and Philosophy,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(02), pages 249-281, July.
- Dietrich, Franz & List, Christian, 2012. "Mentalism versus behaviourism in economics: a philosophy-of-science perspective," MPRA Paper 37813, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Franz Dietrich & Christian List, 2016. "Mentalism Versus Behaviourism in Economics: A Philosophy-of-Science Perspective," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01249632, HAL.
- Dietrich, Franz & List, Christian, 2016. "Mentalism versus behaviourism in economics: a philosophy-of-science perspective," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62444, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christopher B. Bingham & Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 2014. "Response to Vuori and Vuori's commentary on “Heuristics in the strategy context”," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(11), pages 1698-1702, November.
- repec:wly:econjl:v:127:y:2017:i:602:p:1047-1068 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schipper, Burkhard C., 2008. "On An Evolutionary Foundation Of Neuroeconomics," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 495-513, November.
- Yaakov Kareev & Klaus Fiedler, 2004. "Does Decision Quality (Always) Increase with the Size of Information Samples? Some Vicissitudes in Applying the Law of Large Numbers," Discussion Paper Series dp347, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Laura Martignon & Ulrich Hoffrage, 2002. "Fast, frugal, and fit: Simple heuristics for paired comparison," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 29-71, February.
- Matt Statler & David Oliver, 2016. "The Moral of the Story: Re-framing Ethical Codes of Conduct as Narrative Processes," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(1), pages 89-100, June.
- Francesco GUALA & Antonio FILIPPIN, 2013. "The Effect of Group Identity on Distributive Choice: Social Preference or Heuristic?," Departmental Working Papers 2013-19, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Robin Hogarth & Natalia Karelaia, 2006. "â€œTake-the-Bestâ€\x9D and Other Simple Strategies: Why and When they Work â€œWellâ€\x9D with Binary Cues," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 205-249, November.
- Haug, Espen Gaarder & Taleb, Nassim Nicholas, 2011. "Option traders use (very) sophisticated heuristics, never the Black-Scholes-Merton formula," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 97-106, February.
- Roberto Casarin & Flaminio Squazzoni, 2012. "Financial press and stock markets in times of crisis," Working Papers 2012_04, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Andersson, Patric & Ekman, Mattias & Edman, Jan, 2003. "Forecasting the fast and frugal way: A study of performance and information-processing strategies of experts and non-experts when predicting the World Cup 2002 in soccer," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2003:9, Stockholm School of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780195143812. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing). General contact details of provider: http://www.oup.com/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .