Commercial piracy and intellectual property policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2006. "Why the music industry may gain from free downloading -- The role of sampling," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 907-913, September.
- Varian, Hal R, 1980. "A Model of Sales," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 651-659, September.
- Kathleen Reavis Conner & Richard P. Rumelt, 1991. "Software Piracy: An Analysis of Protection Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 125-139, February.
- Yooki Park & Suzanne Scotchmer, 2004.
"Digital Rights Management and the Pricing of Digital Products,"
04-09, NET Institute, revised Oct 2004.
- Yooki Park & Suzanne Scotchmer, 2005. "Digital Rights Management and the Pricing of Digital Products," Levine's Bibliography 784828000000000402, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Yooki Park & Suzanne Scotchmer, 2005. "Digital Rights Management and the Pricing of Digital Products," NBER Working Papers 11532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Banerjee, Dyuti S., 2003. "Software piracy: a strategic analysis and policy instruments," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 97-127, January.
- Banerjee, Dyuti S., 2006. "Lobbying and commercial software piracy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 139-155, March.
- Varian, Hal R, 2000. "Buying, Sharing and Renting Information Goods," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 473-488, December.
- Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2006. "Piracy of digital products: A critical review of the theoretical literature," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 449-476, November.
- Gerard R. Butters, 1977. "Equilibrium Distributions of Sales and Advertising Prices," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 465-491.
- Jen-Te Yao, 2005. "Counterfeiting and an Optimal Monitoring Policy," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 95-114, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martínez-Sánchez, Francisco, 2010. "Lobbyin to prevent commercial piracy," UMUFAE Economics Working Papers 13255, DIGITUM. Universidad de Murcia.
- Ming-Fang Tsai & Jiunn-Rong Chiou, 2012. "Counterfeiting, enforcement and social welfare," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 107(1), pages 1-21, September.
- MartIÂ´nez-Sánchez, Francisco, 2010. "Avoiding commercial piracy," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 398-408, December.
- Rasch, Alexander & Wenzel, Tobias, 2013. "Piracy in a two-sided software market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 78-89.
- Banerjee, Tanmoyee & Biswas, Nilanjana, 2016. "IPR protection and optimal entry modes of multinationals," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-5, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Dyuti S. Banerjee, 2014. "Effectiveness of government anti-piracy enforcement policy: commitment versus non-commitment," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Copyright, chapter 15, pages 264-284 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:bla:reviec:v:25:y:2017:i:2:p:233-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsai, Ming-Fang & Chiou, Jiunn-Rong & Lin, Chun-Hung A., 2012. "A model of counterfeiting: A duopoly approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 283-291.
- Yuanzhu Lu & Sougata Poddar, 2012. "Does Reliable Pirated Product Lead to More Piracy?," Working Papers 2012-05, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Yuanzhu Lu & Sougata Poddar, 2015. "Does the Nature of Piracy and Competition Matter?," Working Papers 2015-04, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Javier López-Cuñat & Francisco Martínez-Sánchez, 2015.
"Anti-piracy policy and quality differential in markets for information goods,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 375-401, April.
- Francisco Martínez-Sánchez & Javier M. López Cuñat, 2011. "Anti-piracy policy and quality differential in markets for information goods," Working Papers. Serie AD 2011-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:68:y:2008:i:1:p:304-318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.