Digital Rights Management and the Pricing of Digital Products
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yooki Park & Suzanne Scotchmer, 2004. "Digital Rights Management and the Pricing of Digital Products," Working Papers 04-09, NET Institute, revised Oct 2004.
- Yooki Park & Suzanne Scotchmer, 2005. "Digital Rights Management and the Pricing of Digital Products," Levine's Bibliography 784828000000000402, UCLA Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Johnson, William R, 1985. "The Economics of Copying," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(1), pages 158-174, February.
- Carl Shapiro, 2001.
"Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools, and Standard Setting,"
NBER Chapters,in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 1, pages 119-150
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shapiro, Carl, 2000. "Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools, and Standard-Setting," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt4hs5s9wk, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Carl Shapiro, 2004. "Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools and Standard Setting," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000000539, David K. Levine.
- Carl Shapiro, 2003. "Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools, and Standard-Setting," Law and Economics 0303005, EconWPA.
- Novos, Ian E & Waldman, Michael, 1984. "The Effects of Increased Copyright Protection: An Analytic Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 236-246, April.
- Bakos, Yannis & Brynjolfsson, Erik & Lichtman, Douglas, 1999. "Shared Information Goods," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 117-155, April.
- Alessandro Acquisti & Hal R. Varian, 2005. "Conditioning Prices on Purchase History," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 367-381, May.
- Tandon, Pankaj, 1982. "Optimal Patents with Compulsory Licensing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(3), pages 470-486, June.
- Yannis Bakos & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1999.
"Bundling Information Goods: Pricing, Profits, and Efficiency,"
INFORMS, vol. 45(12), pages 1613-1630, December.
- Yannis Bakos & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1997. "Bundling Information Goods: Pricing, Profits and Efficiency," Working Paper Series 199, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
- Milgrom, Paul & Shannon, Chris, 1994. "Monotone Comparative Statics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 157-180, January.
- Suzanne Scotchmer, 2005.
"Consumption externalities, rental markets and purchase clubs,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(1), pages 235-253, January.
- Suzanne Scotchmer, 2002. "Consumption Externalities, Rental Markets and Purchase Clubs," Discussion Papers 03-25, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised May 2003.
- Oz Shy & Jacques-Françlois Thisse, 1999. "A Strategic Approach to Software Protection," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 163-190, June.
- Liebowitz, S J, 1985. "Copying and Indirect Appropriability: Photocopying of Journals," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 945-957, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kiema, Ilkka, 2008. "Commercial piracy and intellectual property policy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 304-318, October.
- Jin-Hyuk Kim & Tin Cheuk Leung, 2013. "Quantifying the Impacts of Digital Rights Management and E-Book Pricing on the E-Book Reader Market," Working Papers 13-03, NET Institute.
- Choi, Pilsik & Bae, Sang Hoo & Jun, Jongbyung, 2010. "Digital piracy and firms' strategic interactions: The effects of public copy protection and DRM similarity," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 354-364, December.
- Dyuti Banerjee, 2011. "On the sufficiency of regulatory enforcement in combating piracy," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 160-176, October.
- Mortimer, Julie Holland & Nosko, Chris & Sorensen, Alan, 2012.
"Supply responses to digital distribution: Recorded music and live performances,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 3-14.
- Julie Holland Mortimer & Chris Nosko & Alan Sorensen, 2010. "Supply Responses to Digital Distribution: Recorded Music and Live Performances," NBER Working Papers 16507, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ahn, Illtae & Shin, Ilsoon, 2010. "On the optimal level of protection in DRM," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 341-353, December.
- Michael O’Hare, 2005. "Free Culture: How Big Media Uses Technology and the Law to Lock Down Culture and Control Creativity," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 29(2), pages 148-152, May.
- Dyuti S. Banerjee & Tanmoyee Banerjee (Chatterjee) & Ajitava Raychaudhuri, 2008. "Optimal Enforcement And Anti-Copying Strategies To Counter Copyright Infringement," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 519-535.
- Dyuti S. Banerjee, 2014. "Effectiveness of government anti-piracy enforcement policy: commitment versus non-commitment," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Copyright, chapter 15, pages 264-284 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tsai, Ming-Fang & Chiou, Jiunn-Rong & Lin, Chun-Hung A., 2012. "A model of counterfeiting: A duopoly approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 283-291.
- Jin-Hyuk Kim, 2008. "Digital Rights Management and Technological Tying," Working Papers 08-05, NET Institute, revised Sep 2008.
More about this item
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-08-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2005-08-13 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2005-08-13 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2005-08-13 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2005-08-13 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:11532. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .