School size and youth violence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey Grogger, 1997. "Local Violence and Educational Attainment," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(4), pages 659-682.
- J. S. Ferris & E. G. West, 2004.
"Economies of scale, school violence and the optimal size of schools,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(15), pages 1677-1684.
- J. Stephen Ferris & Edwin G. West, 2002. "Economies of Scale, School Violence, and the Optimal Size of Schools," Carleton Economic Papers 02-01, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- repec:fth:prinin:366 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kenny, Lawrence W., 1982. "Economies of scale in schooling," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Landon, Stuart, 1999. "Education costs and institutional structure," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 327-345, June.
- David Card & Alan B. Krueger, 1996.
"School Resources and Student Outcomes: An Overview of the Literature and New Evidence from North and South Carolina,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- David Card & Alan Krueger, 1996. "School Resources and Student Outcomes: An Overview of the Literature and New Evidence from North and South Carolina," NBER Working Papers 5708, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card & Alan Krueger, 1996. "School Resources and Student Outcomes: An Overview of the Literature and New Evidence from North and South Carolina," Working Papers 745, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Mazerolle, Paul & Burton, Velmer S. & Cullen, Francis T. & Evans, T. David & Payne, Gary L., 2000. "Strain, anger, and delinquent adaptations Specifying general strain theory," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 89-101.
- Barrow, Lisa, 2002.
"School choice through relocation: evidence from the Washington, D.C. area,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 155-189, November.
- Lisa Barrow, 1999. "School choice through relocation: evidence from the Washington, D.C. area," Working Paper Series WP-99-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sandra E. Black, 1998. "Measuring the value of better schools," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Mar, pages 87-94.
- Summers, Anita A & Wolfe, Barbara L, 1977. "Do Schools Make a Difference?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 639-652, September.
- Eric D. Gould & Bruce A. Weinberg & David B. Mustard, 2002. "Crime Rates And Local Labor Market Opportunities In The United States: 1979-1997," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 45-61, February.
- Thomas J. Nechyba, 2000. "Mobility, Targeting, and Private-School Vouchers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 130-146, March.
- K. Chakraborty & B. Biswas & WC. Lewis, 2000. "Economies of scale in public education: an econometric analysis," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 238-247, April.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- Ambrose Leung, 2002. "Delinquency, Social Institutions, and Capital Accumulation," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 158(3), pages 420-420, September.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 33-62, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tom Coupe & Anna Olefir & Juan Diego Alonso, 2011.
"Is Optimization an Opportunity? An Assessment of the Impact of Class Size and School Size on the Performance of Ukrainian Secondary Schools,"
44, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Coupe, Tom & Olefir, Anna & Alonso, Juan Diego, 2011. "Is optimization an opportunity ? an assessment of the impact of class size and school size on the performance of Ukrainian secondary schools," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5879, The World Bank.
- Anderson, D. Mark & Hansen, Benjamin & Walker, Mary Beth, 2013. "The minimum dropout age and student victimization," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 66-74.
- Humlum, Maria Knoth & Smith, Nina, 2015.
"Long-term effects of school size on students’ outcomes,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 28-43.
- Humlum, Maria Knoth & Smith, Nina, 2014. "Long-Term Effects of School Size on Students' Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 8032, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wei, Hsi-Sheng & Williams, James Herbert & Chen, Ji-Kang & Chang, Hsiu-Yu, 2010. "The effects of individual characteristics, teacher practice, and school organizational factors on students' bullying: A multilevel analysis of public middle schools in Taiwan," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 137-143, January.
- Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Stiefel, Leanna & Wiswall, Matthew, 2016. "Are all schools created equal? Learning environments in small and large public high schools in New York City," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 272-290.
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:65:y:2008:i:2:p:318-333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .