California energy efficiency: Lessons for the rest of the world, or not?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Arik Levinson, 2013. "California Energy Efficiency: Lessons for the Rest of the World, or Not?," Working Papers gueconwpa~13-13-03, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Arik Levinson, 2013. "California Energy Efficiency: Lessons for the Rest of the World, or Not?," NBER Working Papers 19123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Levinson, Arik & Niemann, Scott, 2004.
"Energy use by apartment tenants when landlords pay for utilities,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 51-75, March.
- Arik Levinson, 2001. "Energy Use By Apartment Tenants When Landlords Pay For Utilities," Working Papers gueconwpa~01-01-09, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Roland-Holst, David, 2008.
"Energy efficiency, innovation, and job creation in California,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt7qz3b977, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Roland-Holst, David W., 2008. "Energy efficiency, innovation, and job creation in California," CUDARE Working Papers 46718, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Kaufman, Noah & Palmer, Karen, 2010. "Energy-Efficiency Program Evaluations: Opportunities for Learning and Inputs to Incentive Mechanisms," Discussion Papers dp-10-16, Resources For the Future.
- Brounen, Dirk & Kok, Nils & Quigley, John M., 2012. "Residential energy use and conservation: Economics and demographics," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 931-945.
- Palmer, Karen L. & Grausz, Samuel & Beasley, Blair & Brennan, Timothy J., 2013.
"Putting a floor on energy savings: Comparing state energy efficiency resource standards,"
Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 43-57.
- Palmer, Karen & Grausz, Samuel & Beasley, Blair & Brennan, Tim, 2012. "Putting a Floor on Energy Savings: Comparing State Energy Efficiency Resource Standards," Discussion Papers dp-12-11, Resources For the Future.
- Cebula, Richard & Herder, Nate, 2009. "An Empirical Analysis of Determinants of Commercial and Industrial Electricity Consumption," MPRA Paper 56763, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ronald L Oaxaca, 1971. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," Working Papers 396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Dora L. Costa & Matthew E. Kahn, 2010. "Why Has California's Residential Electricity Consumption Been So Flat since the 1980s?: A Microeconometric Approach," NBER Working Papers 15978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sudarshan, Anant, 2013. "Deconstructing the Rosenfeld curve: Making sense of California's low electricity intensity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 197-207.
- Grant D. Jacobsen & Matthew J. Kotchen, 2013.
"Are Building Codes Effective at Saving Energy? Evidence from Residential Billing Data in Florida,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(1), pages 34-49, March.
- Grant D. Jacobsen & Matthew J. Kotchen, 2010. "Are Building Codes Effective at Saving Energy? Evidence from Residential Billing Data in Florida," NBER Working Papers 16194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hunt Allcott & Michael Greenstone, 2012. "Is There an Energy Efficiency Gap?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 3-28, Winter.
- Anin Aroonruengsawat, Maximilian Auffhammer, and Alan H. Sanstad, 2012. "The Impact of State Level Building Codes on Residential Electricity Consumption," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Chong, Howard, 2012.
"Building vintage and electricity use: Old homes use less electricity in hot weather,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 906-930.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Considine, Timothy & Manderson, Edward, 2014. "The role of energy conservation and natural gas prices in the costs of achieving California's renewable energy goals," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 291-301.
- Francisco Costa & François Gerard, 2018.
"Hysteresis and the Welfare Effect of Corrective Policies: Theory and Evidence from an Energy-Saving Program,"
NBER Working Papers
24608, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costa, Francisco J M & Gerard, François, 2019. "Hysteresis and the Welfare Effect of Corrective Policies: Theory and Evidence from an Energy Saving Program," SocArXiv r4wep, Center for Open Science.
- Costa, Francisco & Gerard, Francois, 2018. "Hysteresis and the Welfare Effect of Corrective Policies: Theory and Evidence from an Energy-Saving Program," CEPR Discussion Papers 12916, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carvallo, Juan Pablo & Murphy, Sean P. & Stuart, Elizabeth & Larsen, Peter H. & Goldman, Charles, 2019. "Evaluating project level investment trends for the U.S. ESCO industry: 1990–2017," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 139-161.
- Modeste, Kameni Nematchoua & Mempouo, Blaise & René, Tchinda & Costa, Ángel M. & Orosa, José A. & Raminosoa, Chrysostôme R.R. & Mamiharijaona, Ramaroson, 2015. "Resource potential and energy efficiency in the buildings of Cameroon: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 835-846.
- Maya M. Papineau, 2015. "Setting the Standard: Commercial Electricity Consumption Responses to Energy Codes," Carleton Economic Papers 15-04, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Matthew E. Kahn & Nils Kok & Peng Liu, 2016. "Is California More Energy Efficient than the Rest of the Nation? Evidence from Commercial Real Estate," NBER Working Papers 21912, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Papineau, Maya, 2017. "Setting the standard? A framework for evaluating the cost-effectiveness of building energy standards," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 63-76.
- Fournier, Eric D. & Federico, Felicia & Porse, Erik & Pincetl, Stephanie, 2019. "Effects of building size growth on residential energy efficiency and conservation in California," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 240(C), pages 446-452.
- James M. Leonhardt & David Trafimow & Mihai Niculescu, 2017. "Selecting Field Experiment Locations with Archival Data," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 448-462, July.
- Thonipara, Anita & Runst, Petrik & Ochsner, Christian & Bizer, Kilian, 2019. "Energy efficiency of residential buildings in the European Union – An exploratory analysis of cross-country consumption patterns," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 1156-1167.
- Quinn Keefer & Galib Rustamov, 2018. "Limited attention in residential energy markets: a regression discontinuity approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 993-1017, November.
- Brandi, Clara, 2017. "Handel und Umweltschutz: Chancen und Risiken," Discussion Papers 22/2017, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Arthur Grimes, Nicholas Preval, Chris Young, Richard Arnold, Tim Denne, Philippa Howden-Chapman, and Lucy Telfar-Barnard, 2016. "Does Retrofitted Insulation Reduce Household Energy Use? Theory and Practice," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Basher, Syed Abul & Raboy, David G., 2018. "The misuse of net present value in energy efficiency standards," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 218-225.
- Arik Levinson, 2014. "How Much Energy Do Building Energy Codes Really Save? Evidence from California," NBER Working Papers 20797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency; Regulations; Decomposition;
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:107:y:2014:i:pa:p:269-289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.