Threats to security of property rights in a transition economy: An empirical perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hartarska, Valentina M., 2001. "Investments And Property Rights In Russia: Evidence From Small Firms In Samara," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20739, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Roland, Gerard & Verdier, Thierry, 2003.
"Law enforcement and transition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 669-685, August.
- Gerard Roland & Thierry Verdier, 1999. "Law Enforcement and Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 262, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Roland, Gérard & Verdier, Thierry, 2000. "Law Enforcement and Transition," CEPR Discussion Papers 2501, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roland, G. & Verdier, T., 2000. "Law Enforcement and Transition," DELTA Working Papers 2000-25, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Simon Johnson & John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 2002. "Property Rights and Finance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1335-1356, December.
- Sonin, Konstantin, 2003.
"Why the rich may favor poor protection of property rights,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 715-731, December.
- Konstantin Sonin, 2002. "Why the Rich May Favor Poor Protection of Property Rights," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 544, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Konstantin Sonin, 2003. "Why the Rich May Favor Poor Protection of Property Rights," Working Papers w0022, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Besley, Timothy & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2010.
"Property Rights and Economic Development,"
Handbook of Development Economics,
- Besley, Timothy J. & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2009. "Property Rights and Economic Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 7243, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy Besley & Maitreesh Ghatak, 2009. "Property Rights and EconomicDevelopment," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 006, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2009. "Property rights and economic development," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25428, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:taf:ceasxx:v:52:y:2000:i:4:p:627-656 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kathryn Hendley & Peter Murrell & Randi Ryterman, 2000.
"Law, Relationships and Private Enforcement: Transactional Strategies of Russian Enterprises,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(4), pages 627-656.
- Kathryn Hendley & Peter Murrell & Randi Ryterman, 1998. "Law, Relationship, and Private Enforcement: Transactional Strategies of Russian Enterprise," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 72, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Kathryn Hendley & Peter Murrell & Randi Ryterman, 1998. "Law, Relationships, and Private Enforcement: Transactional Strategies of Russian Enterprises," Electronic Working Papers 98-001, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- Oguzhan Dincer, 2007. "The effects of property rights on economic performance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(7), pages 825-837.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- Olga Lazareva & Andrei Rachinsky & Sergey Stepanov, 2007. "A Survey of Corporate Governance in Russia," Working Papers w0103, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Cameron, A Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1986. "Econometric Models Based on Count Data: Comparisons and Applications of Some Estimators and Tests," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 29-53, January.
- Leonid Polishchuk & Alexei Savvateev, 2004. "Spontaneous (non)emergence of property rights," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(1), pages 103-127, March.
- Aidis, Ruta & Estrin, Saul & Mickiewicz, Tomasz, 2009. "Entrepreneurial Entry: Which Institutions Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7278, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2010. "The worldwide governance indicators : methodology and analytical issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5430, The World Bank.
- George R. G. Clarke, 2001. "How institutional quality and economic factors impact technological deepening in developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(8), pages 1097-1118.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1997.
"Government in transition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 385-410, April.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1996. "Government in Transition," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1783, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrea Asoni, 2008.
"Protection Of Property Rights And Growth As Political Equilibria,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(5), pages 953-987, December.
- Asoni, Andrea, 2008. "Protection of Property Rights and Growth as Political Equilibria," Working Paper Series 737, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Andrei Shleifer & Daniel Treisman, 2001. "Without a Map: Political Tactics and Economic Reform in Russia," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262692694, January.
- Andrei Kuznetsov & Rostislav Kapelyushnikov & Natalya Dyomina, 2008. "Performance of closely held firms in Russia: evidence from firm-level data," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 337-358.
- Goriaev, Alexei P. & Sonin, Konstantin, 2005. "Is Political Risk Company-Specific? The Market Side of the Yukos Affair," CEPR Discussion Papers 5076, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Ruslan Dzarasov, 2011. "Eichnerian megacorp and investment behaviour of Russian corporations," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 199-217.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ichiro Iwasaki & Satoshi Mizobata & Alexander A. Muravyev, 2017.
"Ownership Dynamics and Firm Performance in an Emerging Economy: A Meta-Analysis of the Russian Literature,"
KIER Working Papers
955 Classification-JD22, , Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Mizobata, Satoshi & Muravyev, Alexander A., 2017. "Ownership Dynamics and Firm Performance in an Emerging Economy: A Meta-Analysis of the Russian Literature," RRC Working Paper Series 65, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Timothy Frye & Andrei Yakovlev, 2015. "Elections and Property Rights: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 29/PS/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsProperty rights; Economic institutions; Economic growth;
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
- P14 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Property Rights
- P26 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Political Economy
- P27 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Performance and Prospects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:41:y:2013:i:1:p:245-264. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.