New venture strategies in a developing country: Identifying a typology and examining growth patterns through case studies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McDougall, Patricia P., 1989. "International versus domestic entrepreneurship: New venture strategic behavior and industry structure," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 4(6), pages 387-400, November.
- Sandberg, William R. & Hofer, Charles W., 1987. "Improving new venture performance: The role of strategy, industry structure, and the entrepreneur," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 5-28.
- McDougall, Patricia Phillips & Oviatt, Benjamin M., 1996. "New venture internationalization, strategic change, and performance: A follow-up study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 23-40, January.
- Gartner, William B. & Mitchell, Terence R. & Vesper, Karl H., 1989. "A taxonomy of new business ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 169-186, May.
- Preece, Stephen B. & Miles, Grant & Baetz, Mark C., 1999. "Explaining the international intensity and global diversity of early-stage technology-based firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 259-281, May.
- Covin, Jeffrey G. & Slevin, Dennis P., 1990. "New venture strategic posture, structure, and performance: An industry life cycle analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 123-135, March.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Schendel, Dan, 1976. "Strategic responses to technological threats," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 61-69, February.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1996. "Technology strategy and financial performance: Examining the moderating role of the firm's competitive environment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 189-219, May.
- Bamford, Charles E. & Dean, Thomas J. & McDougall, Patricia P., 2000. "An examination of the impact of initial founding conditions and decisions upon the performance of new bank start-ups," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 253-277, May.
- Tsai, William Ming-Hone & MacMillan, Ian C. & Low, Murray B., 1991. "Effects of strategy and environment on corporate venture success in industrial markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 9-28, January.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Gimeno-Gascon, F. Javier & Woo, Carolyn Y., 1994. "Initial human and financial capital as predictors of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 371-395, September.
- Robinson, Kenneth Charles, 1999. "An examination of the influence of industry structure on eight alternative measures of new venture performance for high potential independent new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 165-187, March.
- Phillips McDougall, Patricia & Shane, Scott & Oviatt, Benjamin M., 1994. "Explaining the formation of international new ventures: The limits of theories from international business research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 469-487, November.
- Benjamin M Oviatt & Patricia Phillips McDougall, 1994. "Toward a Theory of International New ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(1), pages 45-64, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huan Zou & Xiaoyun Chen & Pervez Ghauri, 2010. "Antecedents and consequences of new venture growth strategy: An empirical study in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 393-421, September.
- Bernardo Balboni & Guido Bortoluzzi & Moreno Tivan & Andrea Tracogna & Francesco Venier, 2014. "The Growth Drivers of Start-up Firms and Business Modelling: A First Step toward a Desirable Convergence," Management, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 9(2), pages 131-154.
- Jones, Marian V. & Coviello, Nicole & Tang, Yee Kwan, 2011. "International Entrepreneurship research (1989–2009): A domain ontology and thematic analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 632-659.
- Deligianni, Ioanna & Voudouris, Irini & Lioukas, Spyros, 2015. "Growth paths of small technology firms: The effects of different knowledge types over time," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 491-504.
- repec:spr:manint:v:54:y:2014:i:4:d:10.1007_s11575-014-0214-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:manint:v:52:y:2012:i:1:d:10.1007_s11575-011-0117-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bamford, CE & Dean, TJ & McDougall, PP, 2008. "Reconsidering the Niche Prescription for New Ventures: A Study of Initial Strategy and Growth," Discussion Paper Series 2008-04, McColl School of Business, Queens University of Charlotte.
- repec:pal:jintbs:v:48:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1057_s41267-017-0083-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Kiss, Andreea N. & Danis, Wade M. & Cavusgil, S. Tamer, 2012. "International entrepreneurship research in emerging economies: A critical review and research agenda," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 266-290.
- Bagheri Moghaddam, Nasser & Mousavi, Sayyed Moslem & Moallemi, Enayat A. & Nasiri, Masoud, 2012. "Formulating directional industry strategies for renewable energies in developing countries: The case study of Iran’s wind turbine industry," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 299-306.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:19:y:2004:i:1:p:81-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.