Network partner diversity, network capability, and sales growth in small firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Walter, Achim & Auer, Michael & Ritter, Thomas, 2006. "The impact of network capabilities and entrepreneurial orientation on university spin-off performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 541-567, July.
- del Mar Benavides-Espinosa, María & Ribeiro-Soriano, Domingo, 2014. "Cooperative learning in creating and managing joint ventures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 648-655.
- Ciravegna, Luciano & Majano, Sara B. & Zhan, Ge, 2014. "The inception of internationalization of small and medium enterprises: The role of activeness and networks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1081-1089.
- Ritter, Thomas & Gemunden, Hans Georg, 2004. "The impact of a company's business strategy on its technological competence, network competence and innovation success," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 548-556, May.
- Martin, Xavier & Mitchell, Will, 1998. "The influence of local search and performance heuristics on new design introduction in a new product market," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 753-771, April.
- Joakim Wincent & Sergey Anokhin & Daniel Örtqvist & Erkko Autio, 2010. "Quality Meets Structure: Generalized Reciprocity and Firm‐Level Advantage in Strategic Networks," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 597-624, June.
- Kim, Youngok & Lui, Steven S., 2015. "The impacts of external network and business group on innovation: Do the types of innovation matter?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 1964-1973.
- Casanueva, Cristóbal & Castro, Ignacio & Galán, José L., 2013. "Informational networks and innovation in mature industrial clusters," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(5), pages 603-613.
- Rothaermel, Frank T. & Deeds, David L., 2006. "Alliance type, alliance experience and alliance management capability in high-technology ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 429-460, July.
- Ritter, Thomas & Gemunden, Hans Georg, 2003. "Network competence: Its impact on innovation success and its antecedents," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(9), pages 745-755, September.
- Mari Sako, 2004. "Supplier development at Honda, Nissan and Toyota: comparative case studies of organizational capability enhancement," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 281-308, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maurizio Cisi & Francesco Devicienti & Alessandro Manello & Davide Vannoni, 2016.
"The Impact of Formal Networking on the Performance of SMEs,"
039, Department of Economics and Statistics (Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Sociali e Matematico-Statistiche), University of Torino.
- Davide Vannoni, 2018. "The Impact of Formal Networking on the Performance of SMEs," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 7508382, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Maurizio Cisi & Francesco Devicienti & Alessandro Manello & Davide Vannoni, 2016. "The impact of formal networking on the performance of SMEs," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 490, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Santoro, Gabriele & Bertoldi, Bernardo & Giachino, Chiara & Candelo, Elena, 2020. "Exploring the relationship between entrepreneurial resilience and success: The moderating role of stakeholders' engagement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 142-150.
- Munjal, Surender & Requejo, Ignacio & Kundu, Sumit K., 2019. "Offshore outsourcing and firm performance: Moderating effects of size, growth and slack resources," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 484-494.
- Maurizio Cisi & Francesco Devicienti & Alessandro Manello & Davide Vannoni, 2020. "The advantages of formalizing networks: new evidence from Italian SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 1183-1200, April.
- Abdul Majid & Muhammad Yasir & Muhammad Yasir & Zahid Yousaf, 0. "Network capability and strategic performance in SMEs: the role of strategic flexibility and organizational ambidexterity," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 0, pages 1-24.
- Taheri, Mozhdeh & van Geenhuizen, Marina, 2019. "Knowledge relationships of university spin-off firms: Contrasting dynamics in global reach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 193-204.
- O'Dwyer, Michele & Gilmore, Audrey, 2018. "Value and alliance capability and the formation of strategic alliances in SMEs: The impact of customer orientation and resource optimisation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 58-68.
- Dandan Li & Yehua Dennis Wei & Changhong Miao & Yangyi Wu & Weiye Xiao, 2019. "Innovation, Network Capabilities, and Sustainable Development of Regional Economies in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-21, September.
- Roberto Gabriele & Andrea Mazzitelli & Giuseppe Espa & Maria Michela Dickson, 2019. "Capabilities and firm growth: the role of formal collaboration agreements," DEM Working Papers 2019/16, Department of Economics and Management.
- Sang Yoon Shin, 2019. "Network advantage’s effect on exit performance: examining venture capital’s inter-organizational networks," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 21-42, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zbigniew Drewniak & Rafal Drewniak & Robert Karaszewski, 2020. "The Assessment of the Features of Inter-organisational Relationships: Benefits, Duration, Repeatability and Maturity of the Relationship with the Company's Stakeholders," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(Special 1), pages 443-461.
- Partanen, Jukka & Kohtamäki, Marko & Patel, Pankaj C. & Parida, Vinit, 2020. "Supply chain ambidexterity and manufacturing SME performance: The moderating roles of network capability and strategic information flow," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 221(C).
- Christopher S. Hayter, 2016. "A trajectory of early-stage spinoff success: the role of knowledge intermediaries within an entrepreneurial university ecosystem," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 633-656, October.
- Mayer-Haug, Katrin & Read, Stuart & Brinckmann, Jan & Dew, Nicholas & Grichnik, Dietmar, 2013. "Entrepreneurial talent and venture performance: A meta-analytic investigation of SMEs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1251-1273.
- Papastamatelou Julie & Busch Rainer & Ötken Begüm & Okan Elif Y. & Gassemi Karim, 2016. "Effects of Network Capabilities on Firm Performance across Cultures," International Journal of Management and Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of World Economy, vol. 49(1), pages 79-105, March.
- Christian Omobhude & Shih-Hsin Chen, 2019. "The Roles and Measurements of Proximity in Sustained Technology Development: A Literature Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Lütjen, Heiner & Schultz, Carsten & Tietze, Frank & Urmetzer, Florian, 2019. "Managing ecosystems for service innovation: A dynamic capability view," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 506-519.
- Michaela Trippl & Franz Tödtling, 2006.
"From the ivory tower to the market place? The changing role of knowledge organisations in spurring the development of biotechnology clusters in Austria,"
sre-disc-2006_07, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Trippl, Michaela & Tödtling, Franz, 2006. "From the ivory tower to the market place? The changing role of knowledge organisations in spurring the development of biotechnology clusters in Austria," SRE-Discussion Papers 2006/07, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Razieh Nejabat & Marina Van Geenhuizen, 2019. "Entrepreneurial Risk-Taking in Sustainable Energy: University Spin-Off Firms and Market Introduction in Northwest Europe," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-23, December.
- Curado, Carla & Muñoz-Pascual, Lucía & Galende, Jesús, 2018. "Antecedents to innovation performance in SMEs: A mixed methods approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 206-215.
- Solano Acosta, Alexandra & Herrero Crespo, Ángel & Collado Agudo, Jesús, 2018. "Effect of market orientation, network capability and entrepreneurial orientation on international performance of small and medium enterprises (SMEs)," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1128-1140.
- Loufrani-Fedida, Sabrina & Hauch, Valérie & Elidrissi, Djamila, 2019. "The dynamics of relational competencies in the development of born global firms: A multilevel approach," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 222-237.
- John Hagedoorn & Boris Lokshin & Stéphane Malo, 2018.
"Alliances and the innovation performance of corporate and public research spin-off firms,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 763-781, April.
- Hagedoorn, John & Lokshin, Boris & Malo, Stéphane, 2016. "Alliances and the innovation performance of corporate and public research spin-off firms," Research Memorandum 041, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Wei Jiang & Felix Mavondo & Weihong Zhao, 2020. "The impact of business networks on dynamic capabilities and product innovation: The moderating role of strategic orientation," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 1239-1266, December.
- Vinit Parida & Ossi Pesämaa & Joakim Wincent & Mats Westerberg, 2017. "Network capability, innovativeness, and performance: a multidimensional extension for entrepreneurship," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1-2), pages 94-115, January.
- Khoa T. Tran & Phuong V. Nguyen & Linh M. Nguyen, 2018. "The Role of Financial Slack, Employee Creative Self-Efficacy and Learning Orientation in Innovation and Organizational Performance," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-32, December.
- Lichtenthaler, Ulrich, 2010. "Organizing for external technology exploitation in diversified firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 1245-1253, November.
- Eggers, Fabian & Niemand, Thomas & Filser, Matthias & Kraus, Sascha & Berchtold, Jennifer, 2020. "To network or not to network – Is that really the question? The impact of networking intensity and strategic orientations on innovation success," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 155(C).
- Cristina Fernandes & João J. Ferreira & Mário L. Raposo & Cristina Estevão & Marta Peris-Ortiz & Carlos Rueda-Armengot, 2017. "The dynamic capabilities perspective of strategic management: a co-citation analysis," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 112(1), pages 529-555, July.
- SLUYTS, Kim & MARTENS, Rudy & MATTHYSSENS, Paul, 2008. "Towards a dynamic concept of alliance capability," Working Papers 2008019, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsInter-organizational relationships; Alliance management capability; Nonlinear relationship; Small firms;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:69:y:2016:i:6:p:2113-2117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.