Why Susie owns Starbucks: The name letter effect in security selection
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- C. Miguel Brendl & Amitava Chattopadhyay & Brett W. Pelham & Mauricio Carvallo, 2005. "Name Letter Branding: Valence Transfers When Product Specific Needs Are Active," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(3), pages 405-415, December.
- Spangenberg, Eric R. & Grohmann, Bianca & Sprott, David E., 2005. "It's beginning to smell (and sound) a lot like Christmas: the interactive effects of ambient scent and music in a retail setting," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(11), pages 1583-1589, November.
- Michael J. Cooper & Orlin Dimitrov & P. Raghavendra Rau, 2001. "A Rose.com by Any Other Name," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2371-2388, December.
- Huberman, Gur, 2001. "Familiarity Breeds Investment," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 659-680.
- Buck, Ross & Anderson, Erika & Chaudhuri, Arjun & Ray, Ipshita, 2004. "Emotion and reason in persuasion: Applying the ARI model and the CASC Scale," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 647-656, June.
- Babin, Barry J. & Babin, Laurie, 2001. "Seeking something different? A model of schema typicality, consumer affect, purchase intentions and perceived shopping value," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 89-96, November.
- Brad M. Barber & Terrance Odean, 2008. "All That Glitters: The Effect of Attention and News on the Buying Behavior of Individual and Institutional Investors," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(2), pages 785-818, April.
- Gustavo Grullon, 2004. "Advertising, Breadth of Ownership, and Liquidity," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(2), pages 439-461.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
" A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- McDonald, William J., 1998. "Consumer Decision Making and Altered States of Consciousness: A Study of Dualities," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 287-294, July.
- Puccinelli, Nancy M. & Deshpande, Rohit & Isen, Alice M., 2007. "Should I stay or should I go? Mood congruity, self-monitoring and retail context preference," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 640-648, June.
- Krabuanrat, K. & Phelps, R., 1998. "Heuristics and rationality in strategic decision making: An exploratory study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 83-93, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fennis, Bob M. & Wiebenga, Jacob H., 2017. "Me, myself, and Ikea: Qualifying generic self-referencing effects in brand judgment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 69-79.
- Stepan Jurajda & Daniel Munich, 2014.
"Candidate Ballot Information and Election Outcomes: The Czech Case,"
CERGE-EI Working Papers
wp500, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Jurajda, Štepán & Münich, Daniel, 2014. "Candidate Ballot Information and Election Outcomes: The Czech Case," IZA Discussion Papers 8691, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chordia, Tarun & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2011. "Recent trends in trading activity and market quality," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 243-263, August.
More about this item
KeywordsName letter effect Security selection Investor bias Role of emotions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:63:y:2010:i:12:p:1324-1327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.