Consumer cosmopolitanism: Review and replication of the CYMYC scale
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tian, Kelly Tepper & Bearden, William O & Hunter, Gary L, 2001. " Consumer's Need for Uniqueness: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 50-66, June.
- Holt, Douglas B, 1997. " Poststructuralist Lifestyle Analysis: Conceptualizing the Social Patterning of Consumption in Postmodernity," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 326-350, March.
- George Balabanis & Adamantios Diamantopoulos & Rene Dentiste Mueller & T C Melewar, 2001. "The Impact of Nationalism, Patriotism and Internationalism on Consumer Ethnocentric Tendencies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(1), pages 157-175, March.
- Evanschitzky, Heiner & Baumgarth, Carsten & Hubbard, Raymond & Armstrong, J. Scott, 2007. "Replication research's disturbing trend," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 411-415, April.
- Hubert Gatignon & Jehoshua Eliashberg & Thomas S. Robertson, 1989. "Modeling Multinational Diffusion Patterns: An Efficient Methodology," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 231-247.
- Thompson, Craig J & Tambyah, Siok Kuan, 1999. " Trying to Be Cosmopolitan," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 214-241, December.
- Hubbard, Raymond & Vetter, Daniel E., 1996. "An empirical comparison of published replication research in accounting, economics, finance, management, and marketing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 153-164, February.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Kenneth Bollen, 1984. "Multiple indicators: Internal consistency or no necessary relationship?," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 377-385, August.
- Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E M & Baumgartner, Hans, 1998. " Assessing Measurement Invariance in Cross-National Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 78-90, June.
- Easley, Richard W. & Madden, Charles S. & Dunn, Mark G., 2000. "Conducting Marketing Science: The Role of Replication in the Research Process," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 83-92, April.
- Lee Cronbach, 1947. "Test “reliability”: Its meaning and determination," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Holt, Douglas B, 1998. " Does Cultural Capital Structure American Consumption?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Orly Levy & Schon Beechler & Sully Taylor & Nakiye A Boyacigiller, 2007. "What we talk about when we talk about ‘global mindset’: Managerial cognition in multinational corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(2), pages 231-258, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliver Parts, 2013. "The Effects of Cosmopolitanism on Consumer Ethnocentrism, Brand Origin Identification and Foreign Product Purchases," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 3(11), pages 30-44, November.
- Gineikiene, Justina & Schlegelmilch, Bodo B. & Auruskeviciene, Vilte, 2017. "“Ours” or “theirs”? Psychological ownership and domestic products preferences," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 93-103.
- Bartikowski, Boris & Walsh, Gianfranco, 2015. "Attitude toward cultural diversity: A test of identity-related antecedents and purchasing consequences," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 526-533.
- Johan Lindell & Yuwei Lin, 2014. "A Methodological Intervention in Cosmopolitanism Research: Cosmopolitan Dispositions Amongst Digital Natives," Sociological Research Online, Sociological Research Online, vol. 19(3), pages 1-19.
- Jin, Zhongqi & Lynch, Richard & Attia, Samaa & Chansarkar, Bal & Gülsoy, Tanses & Lapoule, Paul & Liu, Xueyuan & Newburry, William & Nooraini, Mohamad Sheriff & Parente, Ronaldo & Purani, Keyoor & Ung, 2015. "The relationship between consumer ethnocentrism, cosmopolitanism and product country image among younger generation consumers: The moderating role of country development status," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 380-393.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:195-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessandro De Nisco & Giada Mainolfi & Vittoria Marino & Maria Rosaria Napolitano, 2015. "Aufmerksamkeit Frau Merkel! Animosità economica, etnocentrismo ed effetto country-of-origin: uno studio sulla percezione della Germania in Italia durante la crisi dell’euro," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(2), pages 87-110.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer cosmopolitanism CYMYC scale Consumption;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:62:y:2009:i:4:p:407-419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .