Missing elements in US financial reform: A Kübler-Ross interpretation of the inadequacy of the Dodd-Frank Act
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gropp, Reint & Moerman, Gerard, 2004. "Measurement of contagion in banks' equity prices," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 405-459, April.
- Carbó-Valverde, Santiago & Kane, Edward J. & Rodriguez-Fernandez, Francisco, 2013.
"Safety-net benefits conferred on difficult-to-fail-and-unwind banks in the US and EU before and during the great recession,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1845-1859.
- Santiago Carbo-Valverde & Edward J. Kane & Francisco Rodriguez-Fernandez, 2011. "Safety-Net Benefits Conferred on Difficult-to-Fail-and-Unwind Banks in the US and EU Before and During the Great Recession," NBER Working Papers 16787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Santiago Carbo-Valverde & Edward J. Kane & Francisco Rodriguez-Fernandez, 2011. "Safety-net benefits conferred on difficulty-to-fail-and-unwind banks in the U.S. and EU before and during the Great Recession," Proceedings 1132, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Edward Kane, 2010. "Redefining and Containing Systemic Risk," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(3), pages 251-264, September.
- Robert Jarrow, 2007. "A Critique of Revised Basel II," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-16, October.
- Huang, Xin & Zhou, Hao & Zhu, Haibin, 2009.
"A framework for assessing the systemic risk of major financial institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2036-2049, November.
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "A framework for assessing the systemic risk of major financial institutions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "A Framework for Assessing the Systemic Risk of Major Financial Institutions," BIS Working Papers 281, Bank for International Settlements.
- Gorton, Gary B., 2010. "Slapped by the Invisible Hand: The Panic of 2007," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199734153.
- Dean Baker & Travis McArthur, 2009. "The Value of the “Too Big to Fail” Big Bank Subsidy," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2009-36, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Duan, Jin-Chuan & Moreau, Arthur F. & Sealey, C. W., 1992. "Fixed-rate deposit insurance and risk-shifting behavior at commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 715-742, August.
- Oliver Hart & Luigi Zingales, 2011.
"A New Capital Regulation for Large Financial Institutions,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 453-490.
- Luigi Zingales & Oliver Hart, 2009. "A New Capital Regulation For Large Financial Institutions," Working Papers 2009.124, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hart, Oliver & Zingales, Luigi, 2009. "A New Capital Regulation For Large Financial Institutions," CEPR Discussion Papers 7298, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Merton, Robert C, 1978.
"On the Cost of Deposit Insurance When There Are Surveillance Costs,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 439-452, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "On the cost of deposit insurance when there are surveillance costs," Working papers 903-77., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Ronn, Ehud I & Verma, Avinash K, 1986. " Pricing Risk-Adjusted Deposit Insurance: An Option-Based Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(4), pages 871-895, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aigbe Akhigbe & Anna D. Martin & Ann Marie Whyte, 2016. "Dodd–Frank and risk in the financial services industry," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 395-415, August.
- Lambert, Thomas, 2015.
"Lobbying on Regulatory Enforcement Actions: Evidence from Banking,"
HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series
28, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Thomas Lambert, 2016. "Lobbying on Regulatory Enforcement Actions: Evidence from Banking," Working Papers CEB 16-017, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cabral, Ricardo, 2013. "A perspective on the symptoms and causes of the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 103-117.
- Leledakis, George N. & Pyrgiotakis, Emmanouil G., 2016. "U.S. bank M&As in the post-Dodd-Frank Act era: Do they create value?," MPRA Paper 73290, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wald Nowotny, 2013. "The Economics of Financial Regulation," Chapters,in: Stability of the Financial System, chapter 15 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:144:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2798-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDodd-Frank Act; Financial reform; Safety-net subsidies; Financial crises; Regulatory capture;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:36:y:2012:i:3:p:654-661. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.