The Value of the “Too Big to Fail” Big Bank Subsidy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dean Baker, 2002. "The Run-up in Home Prices: A Bubble," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 93-119.
- Dean Baker & Rivka Deutsch, 2009. "The State and Local Drag on the Stimulus," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2009-17, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Mark Weisbrot & Jose Cordero & Luis Sandoval, 2009. "Empowering the IMF: Should Reform be a Requirement for Increasing the Fund's Resources?," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2009-15, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- David Rosnick, 2009. "Troubled Assets: The IMF's Latest Projections for Economic Growth in the Western Hemisphere," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2009-16, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Josh Bivens & Lawrence Mishel, 2013. "The Pay of Corporate Executives and Financial Professionals as Evidence of Rents in Top 1 Percent Incomes," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 27(3), pages 57-78, Summer.
- Edward Kane, 2010. "Redefining and Containing Systemic Risk," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(3), pages 251-264, September.
- Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der Gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung (ed.), 2010. "Chancen für einen stabilen Aufschwung. Jahresgutachten 2010/11," Annual Economic Reports / Jahresgutachten, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung, volume 127, number 201011.
- Edward Kane, 2010.
"The Importance of Monitoring and Mitigating the Safety-Net Consequences of Regulation-Induced Innovation,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(2), pages 145-161.
- Edward J. Kane, 2009. "The Importance of Monitoring and Mitigating the Safety-Net Consequences of Regulation-Induced Innovation," NFI Policy Briefs 2009-PB-08C, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute, revised Aug 2010.
- Doluca, Hasan & Klüh, Ulrich & Wagner, Marco & Weder di Mauro, Beatrice, 2010. "Reducing systemic relevance: A proposal," Working Papers 04/2010, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
- Toader, Oana, 2015.
"Quantifying and explaining implicit public guarantees for European banks,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 136-147.
- Oana TOADER, 2013. "Quantifying and Explaining Implicit Public Guarantees for European Banks," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 1378, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Oana Toader, 2014. "Quantifying and Explaining Implicit Public Guarantees for European Banks," Working Papers halshs-01015376, HAL.
- Ueda, Kenichi & Weder di Mauro, B., 2013.
"Quantifying structural subsidy values for systemically important financial institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3830-3842.
- Kenichi Ueda & Beatrice Weder di Mauro, 2012. "Quantifying Structural Subsidy Values for Systemically Important Financial Institutions," IMF Working Papers 12/128, International Monetary Fund.
- Noss, Joseph & Sowerbutts, Rhiannon, 2012. "Financial Stability Paper No 15: The implicit subsidy of banks," Bank of England Financial Stability Papers 15, Bank of England.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Bolton, Brian & Lu, Jun, 2015. "Size, leverage, and risk-taking of financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 520-537.
- Siegert, Casper & Willison, Matthew, 2015. "Financial Stability Paper 32: Estimating the extent of the ‘too big to fail’ problem – a review of existing approaches," Bank of England Financial Stability Papers 32, Bank of England.
- Rita Babihuga & Marco Spaltro, 2014. "Bank Funding Costs for International Banks," IMF Working Papers 14/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2011.
"The impact of sovereign credit risk on bank funding conditions,"
Bank for International Settlements, number 43.
- Panetta, Fabio & Correa, Ricardo & Davies, Michael & Di Cesare, Antonio & Marques, José-Manuel & Nadal de Simone, Francisco & Signoretti, Federico & Vespro, Cristina & Vildo, Siret & Wieland, Martin &, 2011. "The impact of sovereign credit risk on bank funding conditions," MPRA Paper 32581, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xiaoqiang Cheng & Patrick Van Cayseele, 2009.
"State Aid and Competition in Banking: the Case of China in the Late Nineties,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
25009, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Xiaoqiang Cheng & Patrick VAN CAYSEELE, 2010. "State Aid and Competition in Banking: The Case of China in the Late Nineties," Working Papers id:2435, eSocialSciences.
- Breton, R. & Pinto, C. & Weber, P.F., 2012. "Banks, moral hazard, and public debts," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 16, pages 57-70, April.
- Mario Häfeli & Matthias P. Jüttner, 2012. "The Value of the Liability Insurance for Credit Suisse and UBS," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 168(4), pages 612-635, December.
- Klaas H. W. Knot & Hanne van Voorden, 2013. "Sytemically Important Banks - Possible Options for Policy Makers," Chapters,in: Stability of the Financial System, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jakob Korbinian Eberl, 2016. "The Collateral Framework of the Eurosystem and Its Fiscal Implications," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 69, November.
- Robert E. Prasch, 2011. "After the Crash of 2008: Financial Reform in an Age of Plutocracy," Chapters,in: The Global Financial Crisis, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kane, Edward J., 2012. "Missing elements in US financial reform: A Kübler-Ross interpretation of the inadequacy of the Dodd-Frank Act," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 654-661.
- Randall Kroszner, 2016. "A Review of Bank Funding Cost Differentials," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 151-174, June.
- Günther, Susanne, 2013. "Eine ökonomische Analyse der Systemrelevanz von Banken," Arbeitspapiere 139, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
- Aaron Pacitti, 2016. "After Occupy: Economic Democracy for the 21st Century," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 42(4), pages 679-681, September.
- International Monetary Fund, 2011. "Iceland; Advancing Tax Reform and the Taxation of Natural Resources," IMF Staff Country Reports 11/138, International Monetary Fund.
- De Caux, Robert & McGroarty, Frank & Brede, Markus, 2017. "The evolution of risk and bailout strategy in banking systems," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 468(C), pages 109-118.
More about this item
KeywordsFederal Reserve; Treasury; banks;
- G - Financial Economics
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H - Public Economics
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-02-05 (Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2010-02-05 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-PKE-2010-02-05 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-REG-2010-02-05 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:epo:papers:2009-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceprdus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .