Tax clientele effects of dividends under intertemporal consumption choices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- DeAngelo, Harry & Masulis, Ronald W, 1980. " Leverage and Dividend Irrelevancy under Corporate and Personal Taxation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 453-464, May.
- J. Hirshleifer, 1958. "On the Theory of Optimal Investment Decision," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 329-329.
- Scholz, John Karl, 1992. "A direct examination of the dividend clientele hypothesis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 261-285, December.
- Higgins, Robert C., 1972. "Dividend Policy and Increasing Discount Rates: A Clarification," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 1757-1762, June.
- DeAngelo, Harry, 1991. " Payout Policy and Tax Deferral," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 357-368, March.
- Parigi, Bruno M. & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2008.
"Diversification and ownership concentration,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1743-1753, September.
- Bruno Parigi & Loriana Pelizzon, 2005. "Diversification and ownership concentration," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0005, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Loriana Pelizzon & Bruno Maria Parigi, 2007. "Diversification and Ownership Concentration," Working Papers 2007_29, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Bruno Maria Parigi & Loriana Pelizzon, 2005. "Diversification and Ownership Concentration," CESifo Working Paper Series 1590, CESifo Group Munich.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1970. "Marginal Stockholder Tax Rates and the Clientele Effect," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(1), pages 68-74, February.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2004. "A Catering Theory of Dividends," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1125-1165, June.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Jayaraman, Narayanan & Sabherwal, Sanjiv, 2009. "Catering effects in corporate dividend policy: The international evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1730-1738, September.
- Mihir A. Desai & Li Jin, 2007. "Institutional Tax Clienteles and Payout Policy," NBER Working Papers 13283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holmen, Martin & Knopf, John D. & Peterson, Stefan, 2008. "Inside shareholders' effective tax rates and dividends," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1860-1869, September.
- Brav, Alon & Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Michaely, Roni, 2005. "Payout policy in the 21st century," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 483-527, September.
- Lewellen, Wilbur G, et al, 1978. "Some Direct Evidence on the Dividend Clientele Phenomenon," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(5), pages 1385-1399, December.
- Michael J. Barclay & Clifford G. Holderness & Dennis P. Sheehan, 2009. "Dividends and Corporate Shareholders," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(6), pages 2423-2455, June.
- Joan Farre-Mensa & Roni Michaely & Martin Schmalz, 2014.
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 75-134, December.
- Pettit, R. Richardson, 1977. "Taxes, transactions costs and the clientele effect of dividends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 419-436, December.
- Merton H. Miller & Franco Modigliani, 1961. "Dividend Policy, Growth, and the Valuation of Shares," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34, pages 411-411.
- Mervyn A. King, 1974. "Taxation and the Cost of Capital," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 21-35.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron, 1974. "The effects of dividend yield and dividend policy on common stock prices and returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-22, May.
- Jain, Ravi, 2007. "Institutional and individual investor preferences for dividends and share repurchases," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 406-429.
- Yaniv Grinstein & Roni Michaely, 2005. "Institutional Holdings and Payout Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1389-1426, June.
- Chae, Joon & Kim, Sungmin & Lee, Eun Jung, 2009. "How corporate governance affects payout policy under agency problems and external financing constraints," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2093-2101, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mori, Naoya & Ikeda, Naoshi, 2015. "Majority support of shareholders, monitoring incentive, and dividend policy," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 1-10.
- Sheng Guo & William Hardin, 2015. "Financial and Housing Wealth, Expenditures and the Dividend to Ownership," Working Papers 1506, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Sheng Guo & William G. Hardin, 2017. "Financial and Housing Wealth, Expenditures and the Dividend to Ownership," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 58-96, January.
More about this item
KeywordsTax clientele effect Optimal dividends Corporate investors Payout policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:34:y:2010:i:5:p:1089-1097. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.