The convoy system for insolvent banks: how it originally worked and why it failed in the 1990s
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 2000.
"The Japanese Banking Crisis: Where Did It Come From and How Will It End?,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1999, Volume 14, pages 129-212
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 1999. "The Japanese Banking Crisis: Where Did It Come From and How Will It End?," NBER Working Papers 7250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Spiegel, Mark M., 2000.
"Bank Charter Value and the Viability of the Japanese Convoy System,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 149-168, September.
- Spiegel, M.M., 1999. "Bank Chapter Value and the Viability of the Japanese Convoy System," Papers pb99-06, Economisch Institut voor het Midden en Kleinbedrijf-.
- Mark M. Spiegel, 1999. "Bank charter value and the viability of the Japanese convoy system," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 99-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Thomas F. Cargill & Michael M. Hutchison & Takatoshi Ito, 1997. "The Political Economy of Japanese Monetary Policy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262032473, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kane, Edward J., 2003. "What kind of multinational deposit-insurance arrangements might best enhance world welfare?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 413-428, September.
- Richard S.Grossman, 2016. "Banking Crises," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2016-001, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Imai, Masami, 2006.
"Market discipline and deposit insurance reform in Japan,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3433-3452, December.
- Masami Imai, 2006. "Market Discipline and Deposit Insurance Reform in Japan," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2006-007, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Imai, Masami, 2007.
"The emergence of market monitoring in Japanese banks: Evidence from the subordinated debt market,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1441-1460, May.
- Masami Imai, 2006. "The Emergence of Market Monitoring in Japanese Banks: Evidence from the Subordinated Debt Market," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2006-008, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Hanazaki, Masaharu & Souma, Toshiyuki & Wiwattanakantang, Yupana, 2004. "Silent Large Shareholders and Entrenched Bank Management: Evidence from the Banking Crisis in Japan," CEI Working Paper Series 2004-1, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Uchida, Hirofumi & Nakagawa, Ryuichi, 2007.
"Herd behavior in the Japanese loan market: Evidence from bank panel data,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 555-583, October.
- Ryuichi Nakagawa & Hirofumi Uchida, 2004. "Herd Behavior In The Japanese Loan Market: Evidence From Bank Panel Data," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 737, Econometric Society.
- Ryuichi Nakagawa & Hirofumi Uchida, 2004. "Herd Behavior in the Japanese Loan Market: Evidence from Bank Panel Data," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 161, Econometric Society.
- Ratnovski, Lev, 2009. "Bank liquidity regulation and the lender of last resort," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 541-558, October.
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:84:y:2017:i:2:p:599-629 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rixtel, Adrian van & Wiwattanakantang, Yupana & Souma, Toshiyuki & Suzuki, Kazunori, 2002. "Banking in Japan: Will "Too Big To Fail" Prevail?," CEI Working Paper Series 2002-16, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Johannes Mayr, 2008. "The Financial Crisis in Japan - Are There Similarities to the Current Situation?," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 9(4), pages 64-68, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:japwor:v:14:y:2002:i:2:p:155-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557 .