Living in a world of low levels of predictability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Makridakis, Spyros & Chatfield, Chris & Hibon, Michele & Lawrence, Michael & Mills, Terence & Ord, Keith & Simmons, LeRoy F., 1993. "The M2-competition: A real-time judgmentally based forecasting study," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 5-22, April.
- Makridakis, Spyros & Hibon, Michele, 2000. "The M3-Competition: results, conclusions and implications," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 451-476.
- Makridakis, Spyros & Hogarth, Robin M. & Gaba, Anil, 2009. "Forecasting and uncertainty in the economic and business world," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 794-812, October.
- Makridakis, Spyros, 1982. "Chronology of the last six recessions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-50.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Reznakova & Michal Karas, 2012. "The Effects Of A Change In The Environment On Business Valuation Using The Income Capitalization Approach," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 7(2), pages 119-137, June.
- Roberto Savona & Marika Vezzoli, 2015.
"Fitting and Forecasting Sovereign Defaults using Multiple Risk Signals,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 77(1), pages 66-92, February.
- Roberto Savona & Marika Vezzoli, 2012. "Fitting and Forecasting Sovereign Defaults Using Multiple Risk Signals," Working Papers 2012_26, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Simone Pace, 2014. "Risk of loss towards an agent based model," DEM Working Papers Series 077, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Miller, Craig & Newell, Barry, 2013. "Framing integrated research to address a dynamically complex issue: The red headed cockchafer challenge," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 13-18.
- repec:lrk:eeaart:35_2_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zanoli, Raffaele & Gambelli, Danilo & Vairo, Daniela, 2012. "Scenarios of the organic food market in Europe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 41-57.
More about this item
KeywordsForecasting Accuracy Black Swans Low level predictability Illusion of control Paradox of control;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:25:y:2009:i:4:p:840-844. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .