When do purchase intentions predict sales?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morwitz, Vicki G & Johnson, Eric J & Schmittlein, David C, 1993. " Does Measuring Intent Change Behavior?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 46-61, June.
- Granbois, Donald H & Summers, John O, 1975. " Primary and Secondary Validity of Consumer Purchase Probabilities," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(4), pages 31-38, March.
- F. Thomas Juster, 1966. "Consumer Buying Intentions and Purchase Probability: An Experiment in Survey Design," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number just66-2, January.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Morwitz, Vicki G. & Kumar, V., 2000. "Sales forecasts for existing consumer products and services: Do purchase intentions contribute to accuracy?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 383-397.
- John U. Farley & Donald R. Lehmann & Michael J. Ryan, 1982. "Patterns in Parameters of Buyer Behavior Models: Generalizing from Sparse Replication," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(2), pages 181-204.
- Lewis G. Pringle & R. Dale Wilson & Edward I. Brody, 1982. "News: A Decision-Oriented Model for New Product Analysis and Forecasting," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 1-29.
- Johnson, Eric J & Russo, J Edward, 1984. " Product Familiarity and Learning New Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 542-550, June.
- Schlosser, Ann E, 2003. " Experiencing Products in the Virtual World: The Role of Goal and Imagery in Influencing Attitudes versus Purchase Intentions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 184-198, September.
- Sheppard, Blair H & Hartwick, Jon & Warshaw, Paul R, 1988. " The Theory of Reasoned Action: A Meta-analysis of Past Research with Recommendations for Modifications and Future Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 325-343, December.
- Greenleaf, Eric A & Lehmann, Donald R, 1995. " Reasons for Substantial Delay in Consumer Decision Making," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 186-199, September.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Morwitz, Vicki G. & Kumar, V., 2000. "Sales Forecasts for Existing Consumer Products and Services: Do Purchase Intentions Contribute to Accuracy?," MPRA Paper 81689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kumar, V. & Nagpal, Anish & Venkatesan, Rajkumar, 2002. "Forecasting category sales and market share for wireless telephone subscribers: a combined approach," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 583-603.
- Manohar U. Kalwani & Alvin J. Silk, 1982. "On the Reliability and Predictive Validity of Purchase Intention Measures," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(3), pages 243-286.
- Farley, John U & Lehmann, Donald R & Ryan, Michael J, 1981. "Generalizing from "Imperfect" Replication," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 597-610, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nakada, Tatsuhiro & Shin, Kongjoo & Managi, Shunsuke, 2016. "The effect of demand response on purchase intention of distributed generation: Evidence from Japan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 307-316.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2011. "Online Display Advertising: Targeting and Obtrusiveness," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(3), pages 389-404, 05-06.
- repec:ibn:ijmsjn:v:10:y:2018:i:1:p:39-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goodwin, Paul & Meeran, Sheik & Dyussekeneva, Karima, 2014. "The challenges of pre-launch forecasting of adoption time series for new durable products," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1082-1097.
- Matthew Walker & Aubrey Kent, 2013. "The Roles of Credibility and Social Consciousness in the Corporate Philanthropy-Consumer Behavior Relationship," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(2), pages 341-353, August.
- Oerlemans, Leon A.G. & Chan, Kai-Ying & Volschenk, Jako, 2016. "Willingness to pay for green electricity: A review of the contingent valuation literature and its sources of error," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 875-885.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:90:y:2014:i:4:p:463-480 is not listed on IDEAS
- Atakan Yalcin & Lerzan Aksoy & Timothy L. Keiningham & Bart Larivière & Sunil Mithas & Forrest V. Morgeson III, 2012. "The Satisfaction, Repurchase Intention and Shareholder Value Linkage: A Longitudinal Examination of Fixed and Firm Specific Effects," EcoMod2012 4543, EcoMod.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:36:y:2017:i:c:p:112-123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muller, L. & Prevost, M., 2016. "What cognitive sciences have to say about the impacts of nutritional labelling formats," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 17-29.
- Hertel, Manuel & Menrad, Klaus, 2013. "Adoption energieeffizienter Techniken in kleinen und mittleren Unternehmen - Eine Kausaluntersuchung am Beispiel der Gartenbaubranche," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156111, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Michal Carrington & Benjamin Neville & Gregory Whitwell, 2010. "Why Ethical Consumers Don’t Walk Their Talk: Towards a Framework for Understanding the Gap Between the Ethical Purchase Intentions and Actual Buying Behaviour of Ethically Minded Consumers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 97(1), pages 139-158, November.
- Catherine Tucker, 2011. "Virality, Network Effects and Advertising Effectiveness," Working Papers 11-06, NET Institute.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:28:y:2011:i:2:p:134-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Romain Gandia & Florence Jeannot & Gabriel Guallino, 2017. "Améliorer la proposition de valeur d'un business model via la simulation mentale : le cas des produits technologiques innovants," Post-Print hal-01615439, HAL.
- Shi, Lijia & Gao, Zhifeng & Chen, Xuqi, 2014.
"The cross-price effect on willingness-to-pay estimates in open-ended contingent valuation,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 13-21.
- Shi, Lijia & Chen, Xuqi & Gao, Zhifeng, 2013. "The Cross-Price Effect on Willingness-to-pay Estimates in Open-ended Contingent Valuation," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150774, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Noppers, Ernst H. & Keizer, Kees & Milovanovic, Marko & Steg, Linda, 2016. "The importance of instrumental, symbolic, and environmental attributes for the adoption of smart energy systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 12-18.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:59:y:2008:i:9:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602597 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:27:y:2010:i:4:p:356-366 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:23:y:2007:i:3:p:347-364. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.