Forecasting market share using predicted values of competitive behavior: further empirical results
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nakanishi, Masao & Cooper, Lee G & Kassarjian, Harold H, 1974. " Voting for a Political Candidate under Conditions of Minimal Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 36-43, Se.
- Gregory S. Carpenter & Lee G. Cooper & Dominique M. Hanssens & David F. Midgley, 1988. "Modeling Asymmetric Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 393-412.
- Danaher, Peter J., 1994. "Comparing naive with econometric market share models when competitors' actions are forecast," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 287-294, September.
- Greg M. Allenby & Peter E. Rossi, 1991. "Quality Perceptions and Asymmetric Switching Between Brands," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 185-204.
- Chen, Youhua & Kanetkar, Vinay & Weiss, Doyle L., 1994. "Forecasting market shares with disaggregate or pooled data: a comparison of attraction models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 263-276, September.
- Brodie, Roderick J. & Bonfrer, Andre, 1994. "Conditions when market share models are useful for forecasting: further empirical results," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 277-285, September.
- Lee G. Cooper, 1988. "Competitive Maps: The Structure Underlying Asymmetric Cross Elasticities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(6), pages 707-723, June.
- Kumar, V. & Heath, Timothy B., 1990.
"A comparative study of market share models using disaggregate data,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 163-174, July.
- V. Kumar & Timothy B. Heath, 1990. "A comparative study of market share models using disaggregate data," Post-Print hal-00670544, HAL.
- Lakshman Krishnamurthi & S. P. Raj, 1988. "A Model of Brand Choice and Purchase Quantity Price Sensitivities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 1-20.
- Brodie, Roderick J. & De Kluyver, Cornelis A., 1987. "A comparison of the short term forecasting accuracy of econometric and naive extrapolation models of market share," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 423-437.
- Lakshman Krishnamurthi & S. P. Raj, 1991. "An Empirical Analysis of the Relationship Between Brand Loyalty and Consumer Price Elasticity," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(2), pages 172-183.
- Kumar, V., 1994. "Forecasting performance of market share models: an assessment, additional insights, and guidelines," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 295-312, September.
- Robert C. Blattberg & Kenneth J. Wisniewski, 1989. "Price-Induced Patterns of Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(4), pages 291-309.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bazhanov, Andrei & Levin, Yuri & Nediak, Mikhail, 2017. "Resale Price Maintenance with Strategic Customers," MPRA Paper 79467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Franses, Philip Hans, 2006. "Forecasting in Marketing," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:20:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9362-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quagrainie, Kwamena K., 2006.
"IQF Catfish Retail Pack: A Study of Consumers' Willingness to Pay,"
International Food and Agribusiness Management Review,
International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 9(02).
- Quagrainie, Kwamena K., 2005. "IQF Catfish Retail Pack: A Study of Consumers' Willingness to Pay," 2005 Annual Meeting, February 5-9, 2005, Little Rock, Arkansas 35631, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Bazhanov, Andrei & Levin, Yuri & Nediak, Mikhail, 2015. "Quantity Competition in the Presence of Strategic Consumers," MPRA Paper 62075, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:16:y:2000:i:3:p:399-421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.