Forecasting in marketing
With the advent of advanced data collection techniques, there is an increased interest in using econometric models to support decisions in marketing. Due to the sometimes specific nature of variables in marketing, the discipline uses econometric models that are rarely, if ever, used elsewhere. This chapter deals with techniques to derive forecasts from these models. Due to the intrinsic non-linear nature of these models, these techniques draw heavliy on simulation techniques.
|Date of creation:||22 Sep 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 31 10 4081111
Web page: http://www.eur.nl/ese
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arino, Miguel A. & Franses, Philip Hans, 2000.
"Forecasting the levels of vector autoregressive log-transformed time series,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 111-116.
- Ari�o, M.A. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 1996. "Forecasting the Levels of Vector Autoregressive Log-Transformed Time Series," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9669-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Fok, D. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2000.
"Forecasting Market Shares from Models for Sales,"
ERIM Report Series Research in Management
ERS-2000-03-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Kumar, V., 1994. "Forecasting performance of market share models: an assessment, additional insights, and guidelines," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 295-312, September.
- Gary J. Russell, 1988. "Recovering Measures of Advertising Carryover from Aggregate Data: The Role of the Firm's Decision Behavior," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(3), pages 252-270.
- Bijwaard, G.E. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Paap, R., 2003.
"Modeling purchases as repeated events,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2003-45, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Frank M. Bass & Robert P. Leone, 1983. "Temporal Aggregation, the Data Interval Bias, and Empirical Estimation of Bimonthly Relations from Annual Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Werner Ploberger, 1992.
"Optimal Tests When a Nuisance Parameter Is Present Only Under the Alternative,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1015, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Ploberger, Werner, 1994. "Optimal Tests When a Nuisance Parameter Is Present Only under the Alternative," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(6), pages 1383-1414, November.
- Robert P. Leone, 1995. "Generalizing What Is Known About Temporal Aggregation and Advertising Carryover," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages G141-G150.
- Klapper, Daniel & Herwartz, Helmut, 2000. "Forecasting market share using predicted values of competitive behavior: further empirical results," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 399-421.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:eureir:1631. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.