An analysis of inflation and stock returns for the UK
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 1998.
"Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 47-78, January.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Kul B. Luintel & Krishna Paudyal, 2006. "Are Common Stocks A Hedge Against Inflation?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(1), pages 1-19.
- Goodhart, Charles A E & Smith, Richard G, 1985. "The Impact of News on Financial Markets in the United Kingdom: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 507-511, November.
- Amihud, Yakov, 1996. "Unexpected Inflation and Stock Returns Revisited--Evidence from Israel," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 22-33, February.
- Michael Joyce & Vicky Read, 2002. "Asset price reactions to RPI announcements," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 253-270.
- De Alessi, Louis, 1975. "Do Business Firms Gain from Inflation? Reprise," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 264-266, April.
- Greg Adams & Grant McQueen & Robert Wood, 2004. "The Effects of Inflation News on High Frequency Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(3), pages 547-574, July.
- Shawky, Hany A. & Marathe, Achla, 1995. "Expected stock returns and volatility in a two-regime market," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 409-421, December.
- Schwert, G William, 1981. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to Information about Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 15-29, March.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1981. "Stock Returns, Real Activity, Inflation, and Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 545-565, September.
- Michael Graham & Jussi Nikkinen & Petri Sahlström, 2003. "Relative importance of scheduled macroeconomic news for stock market investors," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 27(2), pages 153-165, June.
- Bodie, Zvi, 1976. "Common Stocks as a Hedge against Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 459-470, May.
- Anari, Ali & Kolari, James, 2001. "Stock Prices and Inflation," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 24(4), pages 587-602, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:atlecj:v:45:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11293-017-9543-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dalina Amonhaemanon & Jan Annaert & Marc J.K. De Ceuster & Hau Le Long, 2014. "The Fisher Hypothesis and Investment Assets: The Vietnamese and Thai Case," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(4), pages 180-195, October.
- Baresa, Suzana & Bogdan , Sinisa & Ivanovic, Zoran, 2013. "Strategy Of Stock Valuation By Fundamental Analysis," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 4(1), pages 45-51.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:20:y:2010:i:5:p:519-532. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.