Long memory in the volatility of an emerging equity market: The case of Turkey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramsey James B. & Lampart Camille, 1998. "The Decomposition of Economic Relationships by Time Scale Using Wavelets: Expenditure and Income," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Andersen T. G & Bollerslev T. & Diebold F. X & Labys P., 2001. "The Distribution of Realized Exchange Rate Volatility," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 42-55, March.
- Ray, Bonnie K & Tsay, Ruey S, 2000. "Long-Range Dependence in Daily Stock Volatilities," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(2), pages 254-262, April.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Mandelbrot, Benoit B, 1971. "When Can Price Be Arbitraged Efficiently? A Limit to the Validity of the Random Walk and Martingale Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(3), pages 225-236, August.
- Mark J. Jensen, 1997.
"Using Wavelets to Obtain a Consistent Ordinary Least Squares Estimator of the Long Memory Parameter,"
- Jensen, Mark J, 1999. "Using wavelets to obtain a consistent ordinary least squares estimator of the long-memory parameter," MPRA Paper 39152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Jin, 2005. "Estimating memory parameter in the US inflation rate," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 207-210, May.
- Chambers, Marcus J, 1998.
"Long Memory and Aggregation in Macroeconomic Time Series,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1053-1072, November.
- Chambers, MJ, 1995. "Long Memory and Aggregation in Macroeconomic Time Series," Economics Discussion Papers 2766, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "Long memory processes and fractional integration in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 5-59, July.
- John Barkoulas & Christopher Baum & Nickolaos Travlos, 2000. "Long memory in the Greek stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 177-184.
- Karuppiah, Jeyanthi & Los, Cornelis A., 2005.
"Wavelet multiresolution analysis of high-frequency Asian FX rates, Summer 1997,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 211-246.
- Cornelis A. Los & Jeyanthi Karuppiah, 2004. "Wavelet Multiresolution Analysis of High-Frequency Asian FX Rates, Summer 1997," Finance 0409037, EconWPA.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2003:i:3:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Epaminondas Panas, 2001. "Estimating fractal dimension using stable distributions and exploring long memory through ARFIMA models in Athens Stock Exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 395-402.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kumar, Dilip, 2014. "Long range dependence in the high frequency USD/INR exchange rate," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 396(C), pages 134-148.
- Hiremath, Gourishankar S & Bandi, Kamaiah, 2010. "Long Memory in Stock Market Volatility:Evidence from India," MPRA Paper 48519, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lin, Xiaoqiang & Fei, Fangyu, 2013. "Long memory revisit in Chinese stock markets: Based on GARCH-class models and multiscale analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 265-275.
- Chaker Aloui & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014.
"On the detection of extreme movements and persistent behaviour in Mediterranean stock markets: a wavelet-based approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(22), pages 2611-2622, August.
- Chaker Aloui & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "On the detection of extreme movements and persistent behavior in Mediterranean stock markets: a wavelet-based approach," Working Papers 2014-184, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Kaijian He & Kin Keung Lai & Guocheng Xiang, 2012. "Portfolio Value at Risk Estimate for Crude Oil Markets: A Multivariate Wavelet Denoising Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-26, April.
- Chaker Aloui, 2015. "Volatility forecasting and risk management in some MENA stock markets: a nonlinear framework," Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(2), pages 160-192.
- Luis A. Gil-Alana & Yun Cao, 2011. "Stock market prices in China. Efficiency, mean reversion, long memory volatility and other implicit dynamics," Faculty Working Papers 12/11, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Cevik, Emrah Ismail & Topaloğlu, Gültekin, 2014.
"Volatilitede uzun hafıza ve yapısal kırılma: Borsa Istanbul örneği
[Long memory and structural breaks on volatility: evidence from Borsa Istanbul]," MPRA Paper 71485, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2014.
- Cevik, Emrah Ismail, 2012.
"İstanbul Menkul Kıymetler Borsası’nda etkin piyasa hipotezinin uzun hafıza modelleri ile analizi: sektörel bazda bir inceleme
[The testing of efficient market hypothesis in the Istanbul Stock Excha," MPRA Paper 71484, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Yalama, Abdullah & Celik, Sibel, 2013. "Real or spurious long memory characteristics of volatility: Empirical evidence from an emerging market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 67-72.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:18:y:2008:i:4:p:305-312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .