Evidence of a modest price decline in US broadband services
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Shane Greenstein & Ryan C. McDevitt, 2010. "Evidence of a Modest Price Decline in US Broadband Services," NBER Working Papers 16166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ernst R. Berndt & Neal J. Rappaport, 2001. "Price and Quality of Desktop and Mobile Personal Computers: A Quarter-Century Historical Overview," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 268-273, May.
- Gregory Rosston & Scott Savage & Donald Waldman, 2010. "Household Demand for Broadband Internet Service," Discussion Papers 09-008, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, revised Feb 2010.
- Shane Greenstein & Ryan C. McDevitt, 2009. "The Broadband Bonus: Accounting for Broadband Internet's Impact on U.S. GDP," NBER Working Papers 14758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi & Cockburn, Iain, 1994.
"Generics and New Goods in Pharmaceutical Price Indexes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1213-1232, December.
- Griliches, Z. & Cockborn, I., 1993. "Generics and New Goods in Pharmaceutical Price Indexes," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1664, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Zvi Griliches & Iain Cockburn, 1993. "Generics and New Goods in Pharmaceutical Price Indexes," NBER Working Papers 4272, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greenstein, Shane, 2010. "Innovative Conduct in Computing and Internet Markets," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
- Savage Scott J. & Waldman Donald M., 2004. "United States Demand for Internet Access," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-20, September.
- Stranger, Greg & Greenstein, Shane, 2008. "Pricing in the shadow of firm turnover: ISPs during the 1990s," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 625-642, May.
- Ana Aizcorbe, 2006. "Why Did Semiconductor Price Indexes Fall So Fast in the 1990s? A Decomposition," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(3), pages 485-496, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Calzada, Joan & Martínez-Santos, Fernando, 2014.
"Broadband prices in the European Union: Competition and commercial strategies,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 24-38.
- Calzada, Joan & Martínez, Fernando, 2012. "Broadband prices in the European Union: Competition and commercial strategies," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 60382, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Joan Calzada & Fernando Martínez, 2013. "“Broadband prices in the European Union: competition and commercial strategies”," IREA Working Papers 201309, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2013.
- Carare, Octavian & McGovern, Chris & Noriega, Raquel & Schwarz, Jay, 2015. "The willingness to pay for broadband of non-adopters in the U.S.: Estimates from a multi-state survey," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 19-35.
- Kim, Wook Joon, 2014. "Estimating quality-adjusted prices for residential fixed broadband in South Korea 2000 - 2009," 20th ITS Biennial Conference, Rio de Janeiro 2014: The Net and the Internet - Emerging Markets and Policies 106886, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Nakamura, Leonard I. & Samuels, Jon & Soloveichik, Rachel, 2017.
"Measuring the “Free” Digital Economy Within the GDP and Productivity Accounts,"
17-37, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Leonard Nakamura & Jon Samuels & Rachel Soloveichik, 2017. "Measuring the Free Digital Economy within the GDP and Productivity Accounts," BEA Working Papers 0146, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Nakamura, Leonard I. & Samuels, Jon & Soloveichik, Rachel, 2016.
"Valuing "Free" Media in GDP: An Experimental Approach,"
16-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Leonard Nakamura & Jon Samuels & Rachel Soloveichik, 2016. "Valuing Free Media in GDP: An Experimental Approach," BEA Working Papers 0133, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Jeffrey Prince & Shane Greenstein, 2014. "Does Service Bundling Reduce Churn?," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 839-875, December.
- repec:aea:jecper:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:187-210 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:iepoli:v:40:y:2017:i:c:p:13-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Galperin, Hernán & Ruzzier, Christian A., 2013. "Price elasticity of demand for broadband: Evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 429-438.
- Sofronis Clerides & Charalampos Karagiannakis, 2016. "Recent trends in the Cypriot electronic communications sector," Cyprus Economic Policy Review, University of Cyprus, Economics Research Centre, vol. 10(1), pages 27-55, June.
- Grzybowski, Lukasz & Nicolle, Ambre & Zulehner, Christine, 2017. "Impact of competition and regulation on prices of mobile services: Evidence from France," 28th European Regional ITS Conference, Passau 2017 169465, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- repec:taf:ecinnt:v:26:y:2017:i:6:p:516-532 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seán Lyons & Bryan Coyne, 2017.
"The price of broadband quality: tracking the changing valuation of service characteristics,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(6), pages 516-532, August.
- Coyne, Bryan & Lyons, Sean, 2015. "The price of broadband quality: tracking the changing valuation of service characteristics," MPRA Paper 65375, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joan Calzada & Fernando Martínez-Santos, 2016. "Pricing strategies and competition in the mobile broadband market," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 70-98, August.
More about this item
KeywordsBroadband Price index DSL Cable Internet access Policy;
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:23:y:2011:i:2:p:200-211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.