Coverage area expansion, customer switching, and household profiles in the Japanese broadband access market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eisner, James & Waldon, Tracy, 2001. "The demand for bandwidth: second telephone lines and on-line services," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 301-309, September.
- Pereira, Pedro & Ribeiro, Tiago, 2011.
"The impact on broadband access to the Internet of the dual ownership of telephone and cable networks,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 283-293, March.
- Pedro Pereira & Tiago Ribeiro, 2006. "The Impact on Broadband Access to the Internet of the Dual Ownership of Telephone and Cable Networks," Working Papers 17, Portuguese Competition Authority.
- Pedro Pereira & Tiago Ribeiro, 2006. "The Impact on Broadband Access to the Internet of the Dual Ownership of Telephone and Cable Networks," Working Papers 06-10, NET Institute, revised Aug 2006.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, March.
- Gary Madden & Michael Simpson, 1997.
"Residential broadband subscription demand: an econometric analysis of Australian choice experiment data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(8), pages 1073-1078.
- Madden, Gary G & Simpson, Michael, 1997. "Residential broadband subscription demand: an econometric analysis of Australian choice experiment data," MPRA Paper 11936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Takanori Ida & Toshifumi Kuroda, 2006. "Discrete Choice Analysis of Demand for Broadband in Japan," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 5-22, January.
- Kenneth A. Small & Clifford Winston & Jia Yan, 2005. "Uncovering the Distribution of Motorists' Preferences for Travel Time and Reliability," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1367-1382, July.
- David Revelt & Kenneth Train, 1998. "Mixed Logit With Repeated Choices: Households' Choices Of Appliance Efficiency Level," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 647-657, November.
- Kenneth E. Train, 1998. "Recreation Demand Models with Taste Differences over People," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 230-239.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
- Gaynor, Martin & Vogt, William B, 2003.
" Competition among Hospitals,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 764-785, Winter.
- Martin Gaynor & William Vogt, 2002. "Competition Among Hospitals," GSIA Working Papers 2003-E20, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor & William B Vogt, 2003. "Competition among Hospitals," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 03/087, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, 2003. "Competition Among Hospitals," NBER Working Papers 9471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1998.
"Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 109-129, November.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1999. "Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt3tb6j874, University of California Transportation Center.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1999. "Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt1j6814b3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Steven T. Berry, 1994. "Estimating Discrete-Choice Models of Product Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 242-262, Summer.
- Goldfarb, Avi & Prince, Jeff, 2008. "Internet adoption and usage patterns are different: Implications for the digital divide," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 2-15, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dutz Mark A. & Orszag Jonathan M. & Willig Robert D., 2012. "The Liftoff of Consumer Benefits from the Broadband Revolution," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(4), pages 1-34, December.
- Sadowski, Bert M., 2017. "Advanced users and the adoption of high speed broadband: Results of a living lab study in the Netherlands," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 1-14.
- Belloc, Filippo & Nicita, Antonio & Alessandra Rossi, Maria, 2012. "Whither policy design for broadband penetration? Evidence from 30 OECD countries," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 382-398.
- Wolfgang Briglauer, 2014.
"The impact of regulation and competition on the adoption of fiber-based broadband services: recent evidence from the European union member states,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 51-79, August.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang, 2013. "The impact of regulation and competition on the adoption of fibre-based broadband services: Recent evidence from the European Union member states," 24th European Regional ITS Conference, Florence 2013 88494, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Sudtasan, Tatcha & Mitomo, Hitoshi, 2016. "Effects of OTT services on consumer's willingness to pay for optical fiber broadband connection in Thailand," 27th European Regional ITS Conference, Cambridge (UK) 2016 148709, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Hrovatin, Nevenka & Švigelj, Matej, 2013. "The interplay of regulation and other drivers of NGN deployment: A real-world perspective," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 836-848.
More about this item
KeywordsBroadband access Coverage area Household profile Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) Simulation analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:23:y:2011:i:1:p:12-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.