Residential broadband subscription demand: an econometric analysis of Australian choice experiment data
The recent roll-out of fibre-optic cable suggests that the willingness of households in passed communities to subscribe to networked services is an important issue. This paper studies the determination of the demand for network subscription. Through a discrete choice model the effect of installation and rental price on the likelihood of subscription is analysed. The logit regression is based on choice experiment (stated preference)subscription data obtained from a national survey of households. Limitations of this preliminary work and suggestions for future research are discussed.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Publication status:||Published in Applied Economics 29 (1997): pp. 1073-1078|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Park, Rolla Edward & Mitchell, Bridger M. & Wetzel, Bruce M. & Alleman, James H., 1983. "Charging for local telephone calls : How household characteristics affect the distribution of calls in the GTE Illinois experiment," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 339-364, August.
- Madden, Gary & Bloch, Harry & Hensher, David, 1993.
"Australian telephone network subscription and calling demands: evidence from a stated-preference experiment,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 207-230, October.
- Madden, Gary G & Bloch, Harry & Hensher, David, 1993. "Australian telephone network subscription and calling demands: evidence from a stated-preference experiment," MPRA Paper 10681, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bodnar & Peter Dilworth & Salvatore Iacono, Judith, 1988. "Cross-sectional analysis of residential telephone subscription in Canada," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 355-378.
- Madden, Gary, 1995. "Experimentation in Economics: An Overview of the Stated-Preference Experimental Design Method," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(64), pages 120-135, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11936. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.