Australian telephone network subscription and calling demands: evidence from a stated-preference experiment
This paper examines the impact of the subscription-calling rate structure on the demand for residential telephone network subscription and calling. Stated-preference experimental data are used to estimate demand equations. The results indicate that household network subscription and calling demands for the Sydney Metropolitan Area are affected by both rate structure and household socio-demographic variables.
|Date of creation:||1993|
|Publication status:||Published in Information Economics and Policy 5 (1993): pp. 207-230|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-362, March.
- Mitchell, Bridger M, 1978. "Optimal Pricing of Local Telephone Service," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 517-537, September.
- Lyn Squire, 1973. "Some Aspects of Optimal Pricing for Telecommunications," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(2), pages 515-525, Autumn.
- Conlisk, John, 1979. "Design for simultaneous equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 63-76, September.
- Conlisk, John, 1973. "Choice of Response Functional Form in Designing Subsidy Experiments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 643-656, July.
- Park, Rolla Edward & Wetzel, Bruce M & Mitchell, Bridger M, 1983. "Price Elasticities for Local Telephone Calls," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1699-1730, November.
- Aigner, Dennis J., 1979. "A brief introduction to the methodology of optimal experimental design," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 7-26, September.