Residential Energy Consumption for Space Heating in Norwegian Households A Discrete-Continuous Choice Approach
In this paper the demand for space heating energy is estimated by using a discrete-continuous choice model which focuses on the relationship between the choice of heating equipment and energy consumption. The model is estimated on Norwegian micro data, and the two stages of the model are estimated simultaneously. The capital cost and the operating cost of the heating systems are both found to have a significant impact on the choice of heating system. Furthermore, the results show that household characteristics are important variables in residential energy models. Energy price elasticities and income elasticities are estimated.
|Date of creation:||Sep 1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O.Box 8131 Dep, N-0033 Oslo, Norway|
Phone: (+47) 21 09 00 00
Fax: +47 - 62 88 55 95
Web page: http://www.ssb.no/en/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-362, March.
- Jean-Thomas Bernard & Denis Bolduc & Donald Belanger, 1996.
"Quebec Residential Electricity Demand: A Microeconometric Approach,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(1), pages 92-113, February.
- Bernard, J.T. & Bolduc, D. & Belanger, D., 1993. "Quebec Residential Electricity Demand: A Microeconometric Approach," Papers 9334, Laval - Recherche en Energie.
- Hudson, John & Lark, Richard, 1989. "A polychotomous probit measure and analysis of inflationary expectations," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 269-280.
- Rudolf K.-H. Dennerlein, 1987. "Residential Demand for Electrical Appliances and Electricity in the Federal Republic of Germany," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 69-86.
- E. Raphael Branch, 1993. "Short Run Income Elasticity of Demand for Residential Electricity Using Consumer Expenditure Survey Data," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 111-122. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L MaasÃ¸)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.