Household energy use and the environment--a conflicting issue
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David L. Greene & James R. Kahn & Robert C. Gibson, 1999. "Fuel Economy Rebound Effect for U.S. Household Vehicles," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-31.
- Grubb, M. J., 1990. "Communication Energy efficiency and economic fallacies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 783-785, October.
- Khazzoom, J. Daniel & Shelby, Michael & Wolcott, Rob, 1990. "The conflict between energy conservation and environmental policy in the US transportation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 456-458, June.
- A. Greening, Lorna & Greene, David L. & Difiglio, Carmen, 2000. "Energy efficiency and consumption -- the rebound effect -- a survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 389-401, June.
- L.G. Brookes, 1990. "Energy Efficiency and The Greenhouse Effect," Energy & Environment, , vol. 1(4), pages 318-333, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nair, Gireesh & Gustavsson, Leif & Mahapatra, Krushna, 2010. "Factors influencing energy efficiency investments in existing Swedish residential buildings," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2956-2963, June.
- Age Poom & Rein Ahas, 2016. "How Does the Environmental Load of Household Consumption Depend on Residential Location?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-18, August.
- repec:eee:appene:v:205:y:2017:i:c:p:1059-1067 is not listed on IDEAS
- Acosta-Michlik, Lilibeth & Lucht, Wolfgang & Bondeau, Alberte & Beringer, Tim, 2011. "Integrated assessment of sustainability trade-offs and pathways for global bioenergy production: Framing a novel hybrid approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2791-2809, August.
- Elisha R. Frederiks & Karen Stenner & Elizabeth V. Hobman, 2015. "The Socio-Demographic and Psychological Predictors of Residential Energy Consumption: A Comprehensive Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-37, January.
- Ouyang, Jinlong & Long, Enshen & Hokao, Kazunori, 2010. "Rebound effect in Chinese household energy efficiency and solution for mitigating it," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5269-5276.
- Hélène Joachain & Frédéric Klopfert, 2011. "Emerging trend of complementary currencies systems as policy instrument for environmental purposes: changes ahead?," Working Papers CEB 11-047, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Brand, Christian & Goodman, Anna & Rutter, Harry & Song, Yena & Ogilvie, David, 2013. "Associations of individual, household and environmental characteristics with carbon dioxide emissions from motorised passenger travel," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 158-169.
- Fan, Jing-Li & Liao, Hua & Liang, Qiao-Mei & Tatano, Hirokazu & Liu, Chun-Feng & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2013.
"Residential carbon emission evolutions in urban–rural divided China: An end-use and behavior analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 323-332.
- Jing-Li Fan & Hua Liao & Qiao-Mei Liang & Hirokazu Tatano & Chun-Feng Liu & Yi-Ming Wei, 2011. "Residential carbon emission evolutions in urban-rural divided China: An end-use and behavior analysis," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 16, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Das, Aparna & Paul, Saikat Kumar, 2015. "Artificial illumination during daytime in residential buildings: Factors, energy implications and future predictions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 65-85.
- repec:eee:appene:v:205:y:2017:i:c:p:761-768 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy-use Sustainability Life-style Life-quality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:76:y:2003:i:1-3:p:189-196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.