Can We Infer Hospital Quality From Medical Graduates’ Residency Choices?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Machado, Matilde Pinto & Mora, Ricardo & Romero-Medina, Antonio, 2008. "Can We Measure Hospital Quality from Physicians' Choices?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6850, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon Burgess & Denise Gossage & Carol Propper, 2003.
"Explaining differences in hospital performance: Does the answer lie in the labour market?,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
03/091, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Burgess, Simon & Gossage, Denise & Propper, Carol, 2003. "Explaining Differences in Hospital Performance: Does the Answer Lie in the Labour Market?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4118, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- ter Hofstede, Frenkel & Wedel, Michel, 1998. "A Monte Carlo study of time aggregation in continuous-time and discrete-time parametric hazard models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 149-156, February.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Kling, Catherine L., 1996.
"Testing the consistency of nested logit models with utility maximization,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 33-39, January.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Kling, Catherine L., 1994. "Testing The Consistency of Nested Logit Models with Utility Maximization," ISU General Staff Papers 199409080700001258, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Kling, Catherine L., 1996. "Testing the Consistency of Nested Logit Models with Utility Maximization," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1500, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mingshan Lu, 1999. "Separating the True Effect from Gaming in Incentive-Based Contracts in Health Care," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 383-431, September.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Matilde P. Machado & Michael H. Riordan, 2006. "Benchmarking For Productivity Improvement: A Health-Care Application ," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(1), pages 161-201, February.
- Roth, Alvin E. & Sotomayor, Marilda, 1992. "Two-sided matching," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 485-541 Elsevier.
- Roth, Alvin E, 1991. "A Natural Experiment in the Organization of Entry-Level Labor Markets: Regional Markets for New Physicians and Surgeons in the United Kingdom," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 415-440, June.
- Holl, Adelheid, 2004. "Manufacturing location and impacts of road transport infrastructure: empirical evidence from Spain," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 341-363, May.
- Louise Allsopp & John Hey, 2000.
"Two Experiments to Test a Model of Herd Behaviour,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 3(2), pages 121-136, October.
- John Hey & Louise Allsopp, "undated". "Two Experiments to Test a Model of Herd Behaviour," Discussion Papers 99/24, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Allsopp, L. & Hey, J.D., 1998. "Two Experiments to Test a Model of Herd Behaviour," Discussion Papers 98-28, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Herriges, Joseph A., 1995. "Empirical Investigation of the Consistency of Nested Logit Models with Utility Maximization (An)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1499, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David Dranove & Daniel Kessler & Mark McClellan & Mark Satterthwaite, 2003.
"Is More Information Better? The Effects of "Report Cards" on Health Care Providers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(3), pages 555-588, June.
- David Dranove & Daniel Kessler & Mark McClellan & Mark Satterthwaite, 2002. "Is More Information Better? The Effects of 'Report Cards' on Health Care Providers," NBER Working Papers 8697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Roth, Alvin E, 1984.
"The Evolution of the Labor Market for Medical Interns and Residents: A Case Study in Game Theory,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(6), pages 991-1016, December.
- Roth, Alvin E., 1984. "The Evolution of the Labor Market for Medical Interns and Residents: A Case Study in Game Theory," Scholarly Articles 29410143, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Gowrisankaran, Gautam & Town, Robert J., 1999. "Estimating the quality of care in hospitals using instrumental variables," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 747-767, December.
- Christopher N. Avery & Mark E. Glickman & Caroline M. Hoxby & Andrew Metrick, 2013.
"A Revealed Preference Ranking of U.S. Colleges and Universities,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 128(1), pages 425-467.
- Christopher Avery & Mark Glickman & Caroline Hoxby & Andrew Metrick, 2004. "A Revealed Preference Ranking of U.S. Colleges and Universities," NBER Working Papers 10803, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Geweke & Gautam Gowrisankaran & Robert J. Town, 2003.
"Bayesian Inference for Hospital Quality in a Selection Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1215-1238, July.
- John Geweke & Gautam Gowrisankaran & Robert J. Town, 2001. "Bayesian Inference for Hospital Quality in a Selection Model," NBER Working Papers 8497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John F. Geweke & Gautam Gowrisankaran & Robert J. Town, 2002. "Bayesian inference for hospital quality in a selection model," Working Paper Series 2002-18, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ran I. Shorrer & Sandor Sovago, 2017. "Obvious Mistakes in a Strategically Simple College Admissions Environment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-107/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jeffrey E. Harris & Beatriz G. López-Valcárcel & Patricia Barber & Vicente Ortún, 2014. "Efficiency versus Equity in the Allocation of Medical Specialty Training Positions in Spain: A Health Policy Simulation Based on a Discrete Choice Model," NBER Working Papers 19896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Csató, László, 2013.
"Rangsorolás páros összehasonlításokkal. Kiegészítések a felvételizői preferencia-sorrendek módszertanához
[Paired comparisons ranking. A supplement to the methodology of application-based preferenc," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(12), pages 1333-1353.
- Alcalde, José, 2017. "Beyond the Spanish MIR with Consent: (Hidden) Cooperation and Coordination in Matching," QM&ET Working Papers 17-1, University of Alicante, D. Quantitative Methods and Economic Theory.
More about this item
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jeurec:v:10:y:2012:i:6:p:1400-1424. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.