The Contrarian/Overreaction Hypothesis: An analysis of the US and Canadian stock markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1994.
" Contrarian Investment, Extrapolation, and Risk,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1541-1578, December.
- Josef Lakonishok & Robert W. Vishny & Andrei Shleifer, 1993. "Contrarian Investment, Extrapolation, and Risk," NBER Working Papers 4360, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Josef Lakonishok & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1993. "Contrarian Investment, Extrapolation, and Risk," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 84, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert & Davidson, Russell, 1983.
"Tests for model specification in the presence of alternative hypotheses : Some further results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 53-70, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1981. "Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses: Some Further Results," Working Papers 430, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Dissanaike, Gishan, 1994. "On the computation of returns in tests of the stock market overreaction hypothesis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1083-1094, December.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Pagan, Adrian R. & Schwert, G. William, 1990.
"Alternative models for conditional stock volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 267-290.
- Adrian R. Pagan & G. William Schwert, 1989. "Alternative Models For Conditional Stock Volatility," NBER Working Papers 2955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagan, A.R. & Schwert, G.W., 1989. "Alternative Models For Conditional Stock Volatility," Papers 89-02, Rochester, Business - General.
- Corrado, Charles J. & Zivney, Terry L., 1992. "The Specification and Power of the Sign Test in Event Study Hypothesis Tests Using Daily Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 465-478, September.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1983. "Testing the specification of multivariate models in the presence of alternative hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 301-313, December.
- Chopra, Navin & Lakonishok, Josef & Ritter, Jay R., 1992. "Measuring abnormal performance : Do stocks overreact?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 235-268, April.
- Jones, Steven L., 1993. "Another look at time-varying risk and return in a long-horizon contrarian strategy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 119-144, February.
- Corrado, Charles J., 1989. "A nonparametric test for abnormal security-price performance in event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 385-395, August.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. " Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- Ashley, Richard & Patterson, Douglas, 1990. "A Nonparametric Distribution-Free Test for Serial Independence in Stock Returns: A Comment," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 417-418, September.
- Zivney, Terry L & Thompson, Donald J, II, 1989. "The Specification and Power of the Sign Test in Measuring Security Price Performance: Comments and Analysis," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(4), pages 581-588, November.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30721347 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davidson, Wallace N, III & Dutia, Dipa, 1989. "A Note on the Behavior of Security Returns: A Test of Stock Market Overreaction and Efficiency," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 12(3), pages 245-252, Fall.
- Chan, K C, 1988. "On the Contrarian Investment Strategy," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(2), pages 147-163, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Darren D. & Chan, Howard & Faff, Robert W. & Kalev, Petko S., 2003. "Short-term contrarian investing--is it profitable? ... Yes and No," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 385-404, December.
- repec:bor:bistre:v:17:y:2017:i:3:p:178-189 is not listed on IDEAS
- Minh Phuong Doan & Vitali Alexeev & Robert Brooks, 2016.
"Concurrent momentum and contrarian strategies in the Australian stock market,"
Australian Journal of Management,
Australian School of Business, vol. 41(1), pages 77-106, February.
- Doan, Minh Phuong & Alexeev, Vitali & Brooks, Robert, 2014. "Concurrent momentum and contrarian strategies in the Australian stock market," Working Papers 2014-02, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, revised 13 May 2014.
- Girard, Eric & Rahman, Hamid & Zaher, Tarek, 2001. "Intertemporal risk-return relationship in the Asian markets around the Asian crisis," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-4), pages 249-272.
- Simpson, Marc W. & Ramchander, Sanjay, 2008. "An inquiry into the economic fundamentals of the Fama and French equity factors," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 801-815, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:11:y:2000:i:1-2:p:53-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.