Outperformance in exchange-traded fund pricing deviations: Generalized control of data snooping bias
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexander, C. & Barbosa, A., 2008. "Hedging index exchange traded funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 326-337, February.
- Chanwit Phengpis & Peggy E. Swanson, 2009. "iShares and the US Market Risk Exposure," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(7-8), pages 972-986.
- Mark Cummins & Andrea Bucca, 2012. "Quantitative spread trading on crude oil and refined products markets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(12), pages 1857-1875, December.
- Hansen, Peter Reinhard, 2005. "A Test for Superior Predictive Ability," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 365-380, October.
- Ryan Sullivan & Allan Timmermann & Halbert White, 1999.
"Data-Snooping, Technical Trading Rule Performance, and the Bootstrap,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1647-1691, October.
- Allan Timmermann & Halbert White & Ryan Sullivan, 1998. "Data-Snooping, Technical Trading, Rule Performance and the Bootstrap," FMG Discussion Papers dp303, Financial Markets Group.
- Sullivan, Ryan & Timmermann, Allan G & White, Halbert, 1998. "Data-Snooping, Technical Trading Rule Performance and the Bootstrap," CEPR Discussion Papers 1976, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laurent Barras & Olivier Scaillet & Russ Wermers, 2010.
"False Discoveries in Mutual Fund Performance: Measuring Luck in Estimated Alphas,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 65(1), pages 179-216, February.
- Olivier Scaillet & Laurent Barras & Russell R. Wermers, 2005. "False Discoveries in Mutual Fund Performance: Measuring Luck in Estimated Alphas," Working Papers CEB 05-014.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Laurent BARRAS & Olivier SCAILLET & Russ WERMERS, 2005. "False Discoveries in Mutual Fund Performance: Measuring Luck in Estimated Alphas," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-18, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Sep 2008.
- Laurent BARRAS & Olivier SCAILLET & Russ WERMERS, 2005. "False Discoveries in Mutual Fund Performance: Measuring Luck in Estimated Alphas," FAME Research Paper Series rp163, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Barras, Laurent & Scaillet, Olivier & Wermers, Russ, 2009. "False discoveries in mutual fund performance: Measuring luck in estimated alphas," CFR Working Papers 06-02, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Cheol-Ho Park & Scott H. Irwin, 2007. "What Do We Know About The Profitability Of Technical Analysis?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 786-826, September.
- Cuthbertson, Keith & Nitzsche, Dirk & O'Sullivan, Niall, 2008. "UK mutual fund performance: Skill or luck?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 613-634, September.
- Gerasimos G. Rompotis, 2011. "Predictable patterns in ETFs' return and tracking error," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 14-35, March.
- Richard DeFusco & Stoyu Ivanov & Gordon Karels, 2011. "The exchange traded funds’ pricing deviation: analysis and forecasts," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 35(2), pages 181-197, April.
- Edwin J. Elton, 2002. "Spiders: Where Are the Bugs?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(3), pages 453-472, July.
- Malkiel, Burton G, 1995. " Returns from Investing in Equity Mutual Funds 1971 to 1991," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 549-572, June.
- Halbert White, 2000. "A Reality Check for Data Snooping," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1097-1126, September.
- Joseph P. Romano & Azeem M. Shaikh & Michael Wolf, 2010. "Hypothesis Testing in Econometrics," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 75-104, September.
- Hsu, Po-Hsuan & Hsu, Yu-Chin & Kuan, Chung-Ming, 2010. "Testing the predictive ability of technical analysis using a new stepwise test without data snooping bias," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 471-484, June.
- Harper, Joel T. & Madura, Jeff & Schnusenberg, Oliver, 2006. "Performance comparison between exchange-traded funds and closed-end country funds," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 104-122, April.
- Marshall, Ben R. & Cahan, Rochester H. & Cahan, Jared M., 2008. "Can commodity futures be profitably traded with quantitative market timing strategies?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1810-1819, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:97:y:2018:i:c:p:257-269 is not listed on IDEAS
- António Afonso & Pedro Cardoso, 2017. "Exchange-traded Funds as an Alternative Investment Option: a Case Study," Working Papers REM 2017/22, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:250-265 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsExchange-traded fund; ETF performance; Multiple hypothesis testing; Data snooping bias;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finmar:v:19:y:2014:i:c:p:86-109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.