Performance comparison between exchange-traded funds and closed-end country funds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James M. Poterba & John B. Shoven, 2002.
"Exchange-Traded Funds: A New Investment Option for Taxable Investors,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 422-427, May.
- James M. Poterba & John B. Shoven, 2002. "Exchange Traded Funds: A New Investment Option for Taxable Investors," NBER Working Papers 8781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dilip K. Patro, 2005. "Stock Market Liberalization and Emerging Market Country Fund Premiums," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 135-168, January.
- Anita K. Pennathur & Natalya Delcoure & Dwight Anderson, 2002. "Diversification Benefits of iShares and Closed-End Country Funds," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 25(4), pages 541-557.
- Leonard, David C. & Shull, David M., 1996. "Investor sentiment and the closed-end fund evidence: Impact of the January effect," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 117-126.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33077904 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patro, Dilip Kumar, 2001. "Market Segmentation and International Asset Prices: Evidence from the Listing of World Equity Benchmark Shares," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 24(1), pages 83-98, Spring.
- Jobson, J D & Korkie, Bob M, 1981. "Performance Hypothesis Testing with the Sharpe and Treynor Measures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 889-908, September.
- Malhotra, D K & McLeod, Robert W, 2000. "Closed-End Fund Expenses and Investment Selection," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 35(1), pages 85-104, February.
- Patro, Dilip Kumar, 2001. "Measuring performance of international closed-end funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1741-1767, September.
- Thompson, Rex, 1978. "The information content of discounts and premiums on closed-end fund shares," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2-3), pages 151-186.
- Pontiff, Jeffrey, 1995. "Closed-end fund premia and returns Implications for financial market equilibrium," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 341-370, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia & Park, Keebong, 2011. "Intraday patterns in London listed Exchange Traded Funds," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 244-251.
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia & Park, Keebong, 2010. "The adverse selection component of exchange traded funds," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 65-76, January.
- Liu, Hung-Chun & Chiang, Shu-Mei & Cheng, Nick Ying-Pin, 2012. "Forecasting the volatility of S&P depositary receipts using GARCH-type models under intraday range-based and return-based proxy measures," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 78-91.
- Eng Cheah & Wen Chan & Corinne Chieng, 2007. "The Corporate Social Responsibility of Pharmaceutical Product Recalls: An Empirical Examination of U.S. and U.K. Markets," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 427-449, December.
- O'Hagan-Luff, Martha & Berrill, Jenny, 2015. "Why stay-at-home investing makes sense," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-14.
- Kearney, Fearghal & Cummins, Mark & Murphy, Finbarr, 2014. "Outperformance in exchange-traded fund pricing deviations: Generalized control of data snooping bias," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 86-109.
- Lee, Hsiu-Chuan & Hsu, Chih-Hsiang & Lee, Yun-Huan, 2016. "Location of trade, return comovements, and diversification benefits: Evidence from Asian country ETFs," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 279-296.
- Shaen Corbet & Cian Twomey, 2014. "Have Exchange Traded Funds Influenced Commodity Market Volatility?," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 323-335.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:215-227 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Honghui & Morse, Joel N. & Nguyen, Hoang Huy, 2009. "Changes in the liquidity of closed-end country funds after the introduction of World Equity Benchmarks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 1081-1094, August.
- Emilio Ricardo Carvalhais & Antonio Marcos Duarte JÃºnior, 2015. "Indexation of Fixed-Income Portfolios to the IMA-B," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 12(3), pages 116-142, May.
- Charteris, Ailie & Chau, Frankie & Gavriilidis, Konstantinos & Kallinterakis, Vasileios, 2014. "Premiums, discounts and feedback trading: Evidence from emerging markets' ETFs," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 80-89.
- Laurent Deville, 2008. "Exchange Traded Funds: History, Trading and Research," Post-Print halshs-00162223, HAL.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:285-299 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diaw, Abdou & Hassan, Salwana & Ng Boon Ka, Adam, 2010. "Performance of Islamic and conventional exchange traded funds in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 32601, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:104-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.