How long memory in volatility affects true dependence structure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sadique, Shibley & Silvapulle, Param, 2001. "Long-Term Memory in Stock Market Returns: International Evidence," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 59-67, January.
- François Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, April.
- Thierry Ane & Cecile Kharoubi, 2003. "Dependence Structure and Risk Measure," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(3), pages 411-438, July.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Ole Mikkelsen, Hans, 1996.
"Modeling and pricing long memory in stock market volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 151-184, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Bollerslev-Mikkelson(1996) FIEGARCH models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00173, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Breidt, F. Jay & Crato, Nuno & de Lima, Pedro, 1998. "The detection and estimation of long memory in stochastic volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 325-348.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Long memory relationships and the aggregation of dynamic models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-238, October.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J., 1996. "Modeling volatility persistence of speculative returns: A new approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 185-215, July.
- W. Breymann & A. Dias & P. Embrechts, 2003. "Dependence structures for multivariate high-frequency data in finance," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-14.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Wright, Jonathan H., 2000. "Semiparametric estimation of long-memory volatility dependencies: The role of high-frequency data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 81-106, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Ole Mikkelsen, Hans, 1999. "Long-term equity anticipation securities and stock market volatility dynamics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 75-99, September.
- Roger Nelsen, 2007. "Extremes of nonexchangeability," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 695-695, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Hsiang-Hsi, 2012. "Interrelationships among the Taiwanese, Japanese and Korean TFT-LCD panel industry stock market indexes: An application of the trivariate FIEC–FIGARCH model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2724-2733.
- Hayette Gatfaoui, 2010.
"Investigating the dependence structure between credit default swap spreads and the U.S. financial market,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 511-535, October.
- Hayette Gatfaoui, 2010. "Investigating the Dependence Structure between Credit Default Swap Spreads and the U.S. Financial Market," Post-Print hal-00565525, HAL.
- Pece Andreea Maria & Ludusan (Corovei) Emilia Anuta & Mutu Simona, 2013. "Testing The Long Range-Dependence For The Central Eastern European And The Balkans Stock Markets," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 1113-1124, July.
- Boubaker, Heni & Sghaier, Nadia, 2013. "Portfolio optimization in the presence of dependent financial returns with long memory: A copula based approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 361-377.
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:42-43:y:2017:i::p:116-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-094 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heni Boubaker & Nadia Sghaier, 2014. "On the dynamic dependence between US and other developed stock markets: An extreme-value time-varying copula approach," Working Papers 2014-281, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Bentes, Sónia R., 2014. "Measuring persistence in stock market volatility using the FIGARCH approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 408(C), pages 190-197.
- Ping-Hung Chou & Pei-Shan Wu & Teng-Tsai Tu, 2014. "The Impact of Trader Behavior on Options Price Volatility," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(4), pages 503-516, April.
- Heni Boubaker & Nadia Sghaier, 2014. "On the dynamic dependence between US and other developed stock markets: An extreme," Working Papers 2014-94, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Ané, Thierry & Métais, Carole, 2009. "The distribution of realized variances: Marginal behaviors, asymmetric dependence and contagion effects," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 134-150, June.
More about this item
KeywordsLong memory FIGARCH models Copulas Tail dependence Emerging markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:17:y:2008:i:5:p:1070-1086. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .