IMF bailouts, contagion effects, and bank security returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Saunders, Anthony & Smirlock, Michael, 1987. "Intra- and Interindustry Effects of Bank Securities Market Activities: The Case of Discount Brokerage," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(04), pages 467-482, December.
- Choe, Hyuk & Kho, Bong-Chan & Stulz, Rene M., 1999.
"Do foreign investors destabilize stock markets? The Korean experience in 1997,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 227-264, October.
- Hyuk Choe & Bong-Chan Kho & Rene M. Stulz, 1998. "Do Foreign Investors Destabilize Stock Markets? The Korean Experience in 1997," NBER Working Papers 6661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Musumeci, James J & Sinkey, Joseph F, Jr, 1990. "The International Debt Crisis, Investor Contagion, and Bank Security Returns in 1987: The Brazilian Experience," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 209-220, May.
- Madura, Jeff & Tucker, Alan L. & Zarruk, Emilio, 1992. "Reaction of bank share prices to the Third-World debt reduction plan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 853-868, September.
- Smirlock, Michael & Kaufold, Howard, 1987. "Bank Foreign Lending, Mandatory Disclosure Rules, and the Reaction of Bank Stock Prices to the Mexican Debt Crisis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 347-364, July.
- Cornell, Bradford & Shapiro, Alan C., 1986. "The reaction of bank stock prices to the international debt crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 55-73, March.
- Unal, Haluk & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Leung, Kwok-Wai, 1993. "The Brady Plan, 1989 Mexican Debt-Reduction Agreement, and Bank Stock Returns in United States and Japan," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 410-429, August.
- N. Asli Ascioglu & Thomas H. McInish & Robert A. Wood, 2002. "Merger Announcements and Trading," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 263-278.
- Kho, Bong-Chan & Stulz, Rene M., 2000. "Banks, the IMF, and the Asian crisis," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 177-216, May.
- repec:bla:joares:v:21:y:1983:i:1:p:184-221 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tatsuyoshi Miyakoshi & Masakatsu Okubo & Junji Shimada, 2009. "Dynamic welfare costs of the 1997 Asian crisis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 73-92, September.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Muradoglu, Gulnur, 2014. "Investor wealth, the IMF, and the Asian crisis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 130-137.
- Pathan, Shams & Skully, Michael & Wickramanayake, J., 2008. "Reforms in Thai bank governance: The aftermath of the Asian financial crisis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 345-362.
- Jian Tong & Chenggang Xu, 2004. "Financial Sector Returns and Creditor Moral Hazard: Evidence from Indonesia, Korea, and Thailand," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-687, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Céline Crouzille & Lætitia Lepetit & Amine Tarazi, 2006.
"Reaction of European bank stock prices to events of the Asian and Russian financial crises,"
Revue d'économie politique,
Dalloz, vol. 116(4), pages 457-469.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Laetitia Lepetit & Amine Tarazi, 2006. "Reaction of European Bank Stock Prices to Events of the Asian and Russian Financial Crises," Working Papers hal-00918567, HAL.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Laetitia Lepetit & Amine Tarazi, 2006. "Reaction of European bank stock prices to events of the Asian and Russian financial crises," Post-Print hal-00790244, HAL.
- Evrensel, Ayse Y. & Kutan, Ali M., 2007. "IMF-related announcements and stock market returns: Evidence from financial and non-financial sectors in Indonesia, Korea, and Thailand," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 80-104, January.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Muradoğlu, Yaz G., 2016. "Financial and real sector returns, IMF-related news, and the Asian crisis," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 28-37.
- Li, Larry & Sy, Malick & McMurray, Adela, 2015. "Insights into the IMF bailout debate: A review and research agenda," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 891-914.
- Tourani-Rad, Alireza & Gilbert, Aaron & Chen, Jun, 2016. "Are foreign IPOs really foreign? Price efficiency and information asymmetry of Chinese foreign IPOs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 95-106.
- Céline Crouzille & Laetitia Lepetit & Carlos Bautista, 2008.
"How Did The Asian Stock Markets React To Bank Mergers After The 1997 Financial Crisis?,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 171-182, May.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Laetitia Lepetit & Carlos C. Bautista, 2008. "How Did the Asian Stock Markets React to Bank Mergera after the 1997 Financial Crisis?," Post-Print hal-00828518, HAL.
- Kosmidou, Kyriaki V. & Kousenidis, Dimitrios V. & Negakis, Christos I., 2015. "The impact of the EU/ECB/IMF bailout programs on the financial and real sectors of the ASE during the Greek sovereign crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 440-454.
- Gregor Weiß, 2012. "Analysing contagion and bailout effects with copulae," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(1), pages 1-32, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:12:y:2003:i:1:p:3-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.