How policy choice affects investment in low-carbon technology: The case of CO2 capture in indirect coal liquefaction in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McDonald, Alan & Schrattenholzer, Leo, 2001. "Learning rates for energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 255-261, March.
- Zhou, Wenji & Zhu, Bing & Chen, Dingjiang & Zhao, Fangxian & Fei, Weiyang, 2011. "Technoeconomic assessment of China’s indirect coal liquefaction projects with different CO2 capture alternatives," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6559-6566.
- Rubin, Edward S. & Yeh, Sonia & Antes, Matt & Berkenpas, Michael & Davison, John, 2007. "Use of experience curves to estimate the future cost of power plants with CO2 capture," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt46x6h0n0, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Zhao, Lifeng & Xiao, Yunhan & Gallagher, Kelly Sims & Wang, Bo & Xu, Xiang, 2008. "Technical, environmental, and economic assessment of deploying advanced coal power technologies in the Chinese context," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2709-2718, July.
- Cristóbal, Jorge & Guillén-Gosálbez, Gonzalo & Kraslawski, Andrzej & Irabien, Angel, 2013. "Stochastic MILP model for optimal timing of investments in CO2 capture technologies under uncertainty in prices," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 343-351.
- Riahi, Keywan & Rubin, Edward S. & Taylor, Margaret R. & Schrattenholzer, Leo & Hounshell, David, 2004. "Technological learning for carbon capture and sequestration technologies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 539-564, July.
- William D. Nordhaus, 2006. "After Kyoto: Alternative Mechanisms to Control Global Warming," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 31-34, May.
- Zhou, Wenji & Zhu, Bing & Fuss, Sabine & Szolgayová, Jana & Obersteiner, Michael & Fei, Weiyang, 2010. "Uncertainty modeling of CCS investment strategy in China's power sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(7), pages 2392-2400, July.
- Riahi, Keywan & Rubin, Edward S. & Schrattenholzer, Leo, 2004. "Prospects for carbon capture and sequestration technologies assuming their technological learning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1309-1318.
- Fuss, Sabine & Szolgayova, Jana & Obersteiner, Michael & Gusti, Mykola, 2008. "Investment under market and climate policy uncertainty," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(8), pages 708-721, August.
- Rong, Fang & Victor, David G., 2011. "Coal liquefaction policy in China: Explaining the policy reversal since 2006," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 8175-8184.
- Hoffmann, Volker H., 2007. "EU ETS and Investment Decisions:: The Case of the German Electricity Industry," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 464-474, December.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1999. "The Long-Run Evolutions of Energy Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-27.
- Jacques, David A. & Guan, Dabo & Geng, Yong & Xue, Bing & Wang, Xiaoguang, 2013. "Inter-provincial clean development mechanism in China: A case study of the solar PV sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 454-461.
- Fuss, Sabine & Johansson, Daniel J.A. & Szolgayova, Jana & Obersteiner, Michael, 2009. "Impact of climate policy uncertainty on the adoption of electricity generating technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 733-743, February.
- Matthias Finkenrath, 2011. "Cost and Performance of Carbon Dioxide Capture from Power Generation," IEA Energy Papers 2011/5, OECD Publishing.
- Baomin Dong & Xuefeng Li & Boqiang Lin, 2010. "Forecasting Long-Run Coal Price in China: A Shifting Trend Time-Series Approach," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(s1), pages 499-519, August.
- Abadie, Luis M. & Chamorro, José M., 2008. "European CO2 prices and carbon capture investments," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 2992-3015, November.
- van Vuuren, Detlef P. & den Elzen, Michel G.J. & van Vliet, Jasper & Kram, Tom & Lucas, Paul & Isaac, Morna, 2009. "Comparison of different climate regimes: the impact of broadening participation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5351-5362, December.
- Rubin, Edward S. & Chen, Chao & Rao, Anand B., 2007. "Cost and performance of fossil fuel power plants with CO2 capture and storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4444-4454, September.
- Blyth, William & Bradley, Richard & Bunn, Derek & Clarke, Charlie & Wilson, Tom & Yang, Ming, 2007. "Investment risks under uncertain climate change policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5766-5773, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yao, Xing & Zhong, Ping & Zhang, Xian & Zhu, Lei, 2018. "Business model design for the carbon capture utilization and storage (CCUS) project in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 519-533.
- Jiaquan Li & Zhifu Mi & Yi-Ming Wei & Jingli Fan & Yang Yang & Yunbing Hou, 2019. "Flexible options to provide energy for capturing carbon dioxide in coal-fired power plants under the Clean Development Mechanism," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 24(8), pages 1483-1505, December.
- Zhang, M.M. & Wang, Qunwei & Zhou, Dequn & Ding, H., 2019. "Evaluating uncertain investment decisions in low-carbon transition toward renewable energy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 240(C), pages 1049-1060.
- Scott, Michael J. & Daly, Don S. & Hathaway, John E. & Lansing, Carina S. & Liu, Ying & McJeon, Haewon C. & Moss, Richard H. & Patel, Pralit L. & Peterson, Marty J. & Rice, Jennie S. & Zhou, Yuyu, 2015. "Calculating impacts of energy standards on energy demand in U.S. buildings with uncertainty in an integrated assessment model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P2), pages 1682-1694.
- Boomsma, Trine Krogh & Linnerud, Kristin, 2015. "Market and policy risk under different renewable electricity support schemes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 435-448.
- Herui Cui & Tian Zhao & Ruirui Wu, 2018. "An Investment Feasibility Analysis of CCS Retrofit Based on a Two-Stage Compound Real Options Model," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-19, July.
- Zhang, M.M. & Zhou, D.Q. & Zhou, P. & Liu, G.Q., 2016. "Optimal feed-in tariff for solar photovoltaic power generation in China: A real options analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 181-192.
- Xiangsheng Dou & Huanying Cui, 2017. "Low-carbon society creation and socio-economic structural transition in China," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 19(5), pages 1577-1599, October.
- Zhang, M.M. & Zhou, P. & Zhou, D.Q., 2016. "A real options model for renewable energy investment with application to solar photovoltaic power generation in China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 213-226.
- Mingming Zhang & Dequn Zhou & Hao Ding & Jingliang Jin, 2016. "Biomass Power Generation Investment in China: A Real Options Evaluation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-22, June.
- Zhang, M.M. & Zhou, D.Q. & Zhou, P. & Chen, H.T., 2017. "Optimal design of subsidy to stimulate renewable energy investments: The case of China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 873-883.
- Linnerud, Kristin & Andersson, Ane Marte & Fleten, Stein-Erik, 2014. "Investment timing under uncertain renewable energy policy: An empirical study of small hydropower projects," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 154-164.
- Jiaquan Li & Yunbing Hou & Pengtao Wang & Bo Yang, 2018. "A Review of Carbon Capture and Storage Project Investment and Operational Decision-Making Based on Bibliometrics," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, December.
- He, Senyu & Yin, Jianhua & Zhang, Bin & Wang, Zhaohua, 2018. "How to upgrade an enterprise’s low-carbon technologies under a carbon tax: The trade-off between tax and upgrade fee," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 227(C), pages 564-573.
- Zhang, You & Yuan, Zengwei & Margni, Manuele & Bulle, Cécile & Hua, Hui & Jiang, Songyan & Liu, Xuewei, 2019. "Intensive carbon dioxide emission of coal chemical industry in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 236(C), pages 540-550.
- Zhang, Xinhua & Yang, Hongming & Yu, Qian & Qiu, Jing & Zhang, Yongxi, 2018. "Analysis of carbon-abatement investment for thermal power market in carbon-dispatching mode and policy recommendations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 954-966.
More about this item
KeywordsCarbon capture; Indirect coal liquefaction; Carbon market; Clean development mechanism; Real options analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:73:y:2014:i:c:p:670-679. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.